I said this is a call, friend said this is a raise
what do you say?

Button ( $8.75 )
BB ( $28.41 )
MP ( $25.95 )
UTG ( $2.30 )
SB ( $23.95 )
CO ( $25 )
Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) NL $25converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls 2.30 (All-In), Hero...

directscooter
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I could be totally wrong about this but I would say it is a raise situation. Many times I have seen people, "jump in", in this situation, just because they feel that the original bettor might do this without good cards, and any callers might be calling without premium hands. If this guy had like $10 and did it, then I would sit there for a while, thinking, then call, hoping to get another to come along. But I don't think you want to play this 5 or 6 ways.Anyone else please correct me if my thinking is off.

GoCubsGo
08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Definitely check. There's no problem if people come in with garbage, so long as they pay for the right to draw out on you. 9xBB is a good enough price to charge.

swolfe
08-03-2005, 01:43 PM
i would push to make it look like i'm making an isolation move

djoyce003
08-03-2005, 03:08 PM
it's 6 handed, and he's raised 8x the bb. I'd go ahead and just call....if someone calls this they are already calling 10% of their stack which is a big no no unless they have a really good hand. I think i call here because i want to win more than $2.30 on this hand....i'd hope for at least 1 other call, and if you are really lucky, someone else will make an isolation raise here with a pocket pair or something. I'd realistically only expect 1 call here anyway, at most 2 and i'm comfortable playing a side pot with AA headsup or against 2 opponents.

08-03-2005, 03:46 PM
the ideal pot is a 3 way...i would raise the min, get a side pot going for any callers. Also, you do not want to go into a 9 way hand with this...you will get outdrawn and suckered in, when you lose AA, you lose big, so make sure you protect against draws. Limping is a very dumb thing to do with AA unless it is folded to you in late position.

crosse91
08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
that won't work at 25nl.

djoyce003
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
it's only 6 handed...can't be a 9 way pot and a min raise here is 4 preflop to go in a 25nl game...way too big imo.

gulebjorn
08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
I agree with the call. He's raising 9xBB so you don't have to. Just shove in half your stack on any flop.

08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the ideal pot is a 3 way...i would raise the min, get a side pot going for any callers. Also, you do not want to go into a 9 way hand with this...you will get outdrawn and suckered in, when you lose AA, you lose big, so make sure you protect against draws. Limping is a very dumb thing to do with AA unless it is folded to you in late position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like the idea of the min raise here. If I'm sitting there with jacks or some pretty strong hand, I'm thinking the min rasie is for isolation purposes and I might be tempted to come over the top. The min raise looks like a cheap isolation play and like you might be a little worried to commit too much money. It also ensures that you don't get everyone and their mother calling with the attitude of "oh, boy, I want part of this big pot." I can easily see that happening at 25NL.