PDA

View Full Version : hole cards exposed

lou9182
08-03-2005, 01:03 PM
So a bit of a worrisome situation online the other day. I was playing a low limit (%5 + .5) 10 seat SNG and during the first hand I could see all of the other players cards. I know this sounds far fetched, but I [censored] you not. I folded my hand (I had a loser anyways) and after the hand I informed everyone at the table what had happened. It never happened again, but I still think everyone should be concerned. I didn't think to record the exact hand #, but should I report this to the site?

curtains
08-03-2005, 01:05 PM
What site was this on?

lou9182
08-03-2005, 01:05 PM
UB

ZeroPointMachine
08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I saw this happen on Party once. But what I actually saw was the hole cards from the previous hand. But there were all kinds of video gremlins going on. My cards were either not visible or illegible. It lasted about 3 hands and then crashed completely. This was quite a while ago. When it happened I had all kinds of crap running at the same time on my system. I think it's a freak occurance that can happen when your video card and internet connection are stretched further than they should be and the software chokes.

08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Are you sure this was not the "Dealing high card for deal", where the site gives everyone a card and the highest card wins the button?

You are supposed to see these cards.

lou9182
08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Well that sounds very reasonable, but I only play one table at a time, and it was hand #1

Steve
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I find this hard to believe, but you did say "I [censored] you not" so ok.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

lou9182
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
No, this was a hand as betting occured as usual.

08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I had a similar situation happen to me on UB as well. I saw a As for one of my opponents, but then I saw the same As for the same guy 3hands in a row, so i figured it was a glitch.

lou9182
08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Trust me Steve, I found it hard to believe too.

curtains
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Wait a second....are you saying that Im not supposed to know my opponent's hole cards?

brimstone1
08-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Should've taken a screenshot.

Then, you could've at least sold the .jpg as a "CHEAT AT ONLINE POKER! ALL YOUR OPPONENTS ARE DOING IT ANYWAY!" sort of deal for only $39.99.

08-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I am a programmer. From a programming standpoint, it would not make any sense to send a client the cards of the other players. The server knows everyone's cards, but only send each client one hand (its own) and keep the rest private until the end of the hand.

However, I can see the program messing up at times (very rare) and using an OLD hand history for the current hand, and since it knows more than just your hand, display the other hands.

However I don't see how it would show EVERYONE's hands, because usually the hand histories only know the hands that went to showdown.

This is just a guess, but sometime like this, or similar to this, could very well happen in a buggy software. I know that UB had worked alot recently on their SNG software.

Then again, maybe I am wrong. If you actually saw the hands that took part in that game IN REAL TIME, then I would be very scared to ever play at that site again.