Clarkmeister
08-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Man I love that movie. That is all.

samjjones
08-03-2005, 11:16 AM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

beta1607
08-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Pacino's speech at the end when he is at the school hearing has to be one of the top 10 movie speeches.

hobbsmann
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I was thinking about this the other day:

who had the more challenging role Pacino in Scent of a Woman or Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, and who pulled off the best performance. I really couldn't come up with an answer.

08-03-2005, 11:40 AM
best monologue ever, at the end. This movie almost inspired me to make a "Great Movie Monologues" thread

Also, Al Pacino is the man

KaneKungFu123
08-03-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

who had the more challenging role Pacino in Scent of a Woman or Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, and who pulled off the best performance. I really couldn't come up with an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke?

swede123
08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my reaction as well. While Pacino is very enjoyable in Scent of a Woman he basically does an over-the-top job of playing himself. It really isn't much different than how he acts in a dozen or more other movies, such as The Devil's Advocate and Heat.

Hoffman, on the other hand, did a tremendous job in Rainman. I totally didn't think of it as Dustin Hoffman pretending to be autistic, it was much better than that. No comparison really.

Swede

CrazyEyez
08-03-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This movie almost inspired me to make a "Great Movie Monologues" thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a bad idea.

Colonel Kataffy
08-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Its good if your in that i feel like watching a corny movie type of mood.

andyfox
08-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Funny, I didn't like that speech. To me, the movie had already run too long and we knew how it would end.

My favorite scenes were the tango with the young woman, the dinner at his brother's house, and, of course, driving the car.

shadow29
08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah andy, great movie if it wasn't 2.5 hours.

Also, while I can understand the necessity for the school plot , I think that it would've been better if it was just Pacino and Charlie and not having Charlie being a woman.

andyfox
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
We all went around the office yelling "Hoo-ah" for about a month after we saw it. People in the theater thought I was deranged because, when the cop was approaching the car, I was laughing so hard I was crying, just in anticipation.

Pacino also did Dick Tracy that year, another one of my favorite performances.

morgan180
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man I love that movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox
08-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Can't believe they're my blood. I.Q. of sloths and the manners of banshees. He's a mechanic, she's a homemaker. He knows as much about cars as a beauty queen, and she bakes cookies, taste like wing nuts. As for the tots, they're twits.

Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a [censored]' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-hah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.

jojobinks
08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
very very bad movie. and one of the worst winners of best actor ever. not al pacino; al pacino in this movie.

IronDragon1
08-03-2005, 12:49 PM
From "The Critic"

Pacino's character (henceforth PC): I'm going to kill myself now
O'Donnell's character (henceforth OC): Good
PC: You're going to miss my "hoo-ah" My blind driving, my "hoo-ah"
OC: You already said that
PC: I know. I say it alot. Hoo-ah!

Neal_Schon
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Who-AH!

08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Where's a gimmick account when you need one?

Lady Dont Tekno
08-03-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very very bad movie. and one of the worst winners of best actor ever. not al pacino; al pacino in this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from a guy with a Paint Your Wagon avatar.

LDT

W. Deranged
08-03-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God Hobie you are so bad at life.

DavidC
08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark, you're the man!

razor
08-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Awesome avatar!

Michael Davis
08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Women smell like soot and poo.

-Michael

razor
08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Is it better than The Wedding Singer?

Your Mom
08-03-2005, 05:28 PM
My fiance and I and her brother have joked for like a year straight that someone do that speech as our toast at the reception. Pick out three family members and use the Uncle Mike, Aunt Rita, Grandma Doris.....F*CK YOU TOO.

realwtf
08-03-2005, 05:47 PM
You ever seen Scent of a Woman...on weed?

That's the way to see it man. It's just wack!

New001
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's one of the best.

SomethingClever
08-03-2005, 07:16 PM
When I was in high school, I looked like Chris O'Donnell's character in this movie. What an awful haircut.

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/scent_of_a_woman/scentofawoman8.jpg

andyfox
08-03-2005, 07:31 PM
What, you don't want to hear Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood sing?

oreogod
08-03-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pacino's speech at the end when he is at the school hearing has to be one of the top 10 movie speeches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacino has like 8 of the top ten speeches going for him...seriously. That man was made to monologue.

CrazyEyez
08-03-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacino has like 8 of the top ten speeches going for him...seriously. That man was made to monologue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alec Baldwin comes to mind for two great ones:
"God complex" from Malice
"Third place is you're fired" from Glengarry Glen Ross.

08-03-2005, 09:28 PM
If I was half the man I was 5 years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER TO OOT!!!

Oh, and Hoo-ah!!!

miajag81
08-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, that took much longer than I expected.

08-03-2005, 09:41 PM
That's 'cause I'm no good. Never have been, and never will be.

Clarkmeister
08-03-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was half the man I was 5 years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER TO OOT!!!

Oh, and Hoo-ah!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice

Clarkmeister
08-03-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't believe they're my blood. I.Q. of sloths and the manners of banshees. He's a mechanic, she's a homemaker. He knows as much about cars as a beauty queen, and she bakes cookies, taste like wing nuts. As for the tots, they're twits.

Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a [censored]' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-hah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah is that movie the chit. Thanks for this post.

Clarkmeister
08-03-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the dinner at his brother's house

[/ QUOTE ]

That was awesome.

KaneKungFu123
08-04-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my reaction as well. While Pacino is very enjoyable in Scent of a Woman he basically does an over-the-top job of playing himself. It really isn't much different than how he acts in a dozen or more other movies, such as The Devil's Advocate and Heat.

Hoffman, on the other hand, did a tremendous job in Rainman. I totally didn't think of it as Dustin Hoffman pretending to be autistic, it was much better than that. No comparison really.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke?

BoxTree
08-04-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John Daniels.

Awesome.

whiskeytown
08-04-2005, 07:18 AM