PDA

View Full Version : .1% ROI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A_PLUS
08-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Prior to last month, I only kept track of profits/losses and game type when playing. I was a winning 10-30$ SNG player, but it was hard to tell how much. I assumed around 15+% ROI over 300-500 tournaments. But I only really knew that I was winning.

So I had a few days off around the 4th of July due to surgery on my hand. I decided that it was a good time to set up a rake back and grind some 20$ SNGs. I had been playing strictly MTTs, unless I was bonus whoring 25-50$max NL.

400$ on Eurobet, no problem. No way I hit a 18 buy in down swing at the 20$s. From what I remember they were pretty much like an ATM (MY last week of them was a ridiculous heater where I made 700$ before I left for Vegas).

1st day -100$
Hmmm...was my Laggish game was carrying over too much into the SNGs, was I running bad, were the games tougher?

2nd day +20$
Must have been running bad, Im fine now

3rd day -170$
WTF, I HAVE to be running bad...right?

4th day -150$ aka BUST!!!
I couldnt believe it. I honestly didnt think it was possible.

I was willing to accept that it was more than variance. I finally purchased SNG PTs, started going through more hand histories, etc. I did run very bad. But I also was making a ton of mistakes. I wasnt nearly as good at party SNGs as my earlier results suggested.

Anyhow, I have kept at it, and FINALLY saw my ROI pop back into positive territory for th 20$s. Only 220 SNGs to do it.
Thank God for rakeback!! making my ROI a brilliant 2% for the past month!

No real content here, just wanted to post some results that dont make this look like free money.

durron597
08-03-2005, 10:34 AM
With all these doom threads from good players that have been posted recently I wonder if the cooler I've just started is going to continue. Lost 6 buyins in 14 SnGs yesterday. Small downswing I know but all these tales of woe are making me wonder "will I be next? Is this how my 30 buyin downswing begins?"

tigerite
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Nah. The coolers are when you lose a bajillion in a row, then get one place, then another bajillion in a row. Well that was my experience.

ChoicestHops
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Im at a rut in the 20's as well, but I only have about 145 played so far. Im pretty much breaking even, and it seems like its not getting any easier to break the bubble.

Granted, Im playing durhing the day so maybe I need to play more nights to get help from the donks.

A_PLUS
08-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I was stuck for 23 buy-ins at my worst. I was using my MTT play to fund my SNGs. Never thought I would see that.

A_PLUS
08-03-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im at a rut in the 20's as well, but I only have about 145 played so far. Im pretty much breaking even, and it seems like its not getting any easier to break the bubble.

Granted, Im playing durhing the day so maybe I need to play more nights to get help from the donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a .1% ROI, I have managed a 20+% ROI on Friday and Saturday, go figure. My biggest problem was my way too high % of 4th place finishes.

benza13
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent most of July in a breakeven cooler in the 20s, I'd win a little, then drop 10 in a row. It was getting really frustrating. I have started August on one hell of a heater though. Yesterday alone, 23 tournies, 8 1st, 3 2nd, 1 3rd. These are mostly during the day too. My biggest problem during July was my bubble pushes being called by hands that shouldn't have called, but were still better than mine or drew out. Oh well, that first heater to pull out of a bad stretch always feels great. Almost worth the earlier troubles.

downtown
08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm on a mega cooler. I really was putting off posting about it, because it is so cliche! But F it, this seems to be the thread, and I can slip in, feel like one of the guys, and tell how I dropped 32 buyins at the 22s over the last 125 SNGs or so (which, sort of like the OP, just took my July profit and smacked the taste out of its mouth). UGH. I have seriously considered taking a break, despite a previous 1500-2000 of ~20% ROI at the 11s-33s. But push on I will. I think a cooler has the opposite effect on me. I have been more excited about finding and patching holes in my game. I feel there is once again a challenge whereas before I think I was getting bored with my relatively small success. Does anyone else see the cooler as a fun challenge to get over? Maybe I'm just sick...