PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with AKo in position

Godfather80
08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
No hand converter for Pacific.

6 handed $.5/.10 NL.

Relevant stacks= Hero($9.50) & Villain($11)

Reads: Villain is standard loose semi-aggressive player.

Preflop: Villain in SB posts $.5, BB posts $.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $.50 with A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif, folds around to villain in SB who calls, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.10 headsup)
6/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain in SB leads out for $1. Hero calls $1.

I have no idea what the point of this call is. I think that I should have raised here and been done with it if he played back.

Turn: ($3.05 and headsup)
6/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets $1.10. Hero raises to $3. Villain calls $3.

My only justification for this raise (and it is lame) is that his 1/3 of the pot bet felt weak. In hindsight, of course, it appears that he may just be trying to build the pot. When he calls I realize I have just paid $3 to catch a a 4 outer.

River: ($9.10 and headsup)
6/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain bets $6.50 all-in. Hero folds.

Misplayed on every street?

djoyce003
08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
if you are going to raise, raise the flop so that you can maybe get to the river for free......don't raise the turn...that was really bad unless you thought he'd fold to a bluff, but at these limits I can't imagine anyone folds top pair even. You didn't misplay it preflop at least, and you got the river right /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Godfather80
08-03-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are going to raise, raise the flop so that you can maybe get to the river for free......don't raise the turn...that was really bad unless you thought he'd fold to a bluff, but at these limits I can't imagine anyone folds top pair even. You didn't misplay it preflop at least, and you got the river right /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put villain on? Flopped set? The only reason I ask is that I wonder if my turn raise may have scared off a couple of hands that I actually was behind, something like second pair top kicker or 88. Is there ever any justification for a turn raise like mine in this situation?

Raven
08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Maybe its just me but I would fold on the flop against his pot-sized bet and a dangerous board. You may catch a pair and still lose, you really dont have the outs and I dont think a bluff is that much likely.

BirdieLongSocks
08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that I should have raised here and been done with it if he played back.

[/ QUOTE ]

fuzzbox
08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
preflop was fine - fold to the flop bet and there you are.

djoyce003
08-03-2005, 12:00 PM
i'm not really putting villain on specifically a flopped set. I think two pair is likely, as is top pair. If he has top pair only, your outs might be counterfeited because he could have AJ or KJ. You are drawing to 4 clean queen outs, and possibly either your ace or king outs are good, but not always. I'd give myself about 6 outs on this hand, and that might be too many. You've gotta put him on a range...not just one hand because the action hasn't allowed you to narrow it down. I'd probably take a card off on the flop because you have a really strong draw if all he has is top pair, but i'm folding on the turn most likely.

Your raise on the turn is obviously just a naked bluff, although you have outs, but not many. I don't think you fold 88 at these limits and all you really fold out is a hand that you are already beating. I prefer to make my bluffs with at least some kind of a hand, even if it is a small pocket pair on a raggedy flop, or when I have more outs than you currently do. I just can't imagine at these micro limits that bluffing is ever correct because I think people probably call down here WAY more than they call at say NL 200.