PDA

View Full Version : poker tables (for home games)

11-26-2001, 05:19 AM
Hi all,

For those of you that play in or run home games, would anyone recommend a certain table(s) for purchase? I have been considering buying one at pokerboard.com, either the 60" round or 82" oval with cup holders. I have been looking online for quite some time now and I like the 82" oval for size, price and quality.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome and appreciated.

11-26-2001, 01:28 PM
I think the most important consideration when buying a table is the legs. The tables with a pair of foldout legs similar to the type found in schools and church basements everywhere won't hold up when eight or ten poker players lean on them.

I never got to see the table you URLed. If the same people who designed their web site designed their poker table, I'd keep looking.

11-26-2001, 01:55 PM
At these prices, these tables have to be really flimsy. But you could buy one, then go to a restaurant supply co (one that has used equip) and buy some table bases to put under it. Put some reinforcement under there while you're at it.

I took measurements to a wookworking shop and had the table made, then went to an upholstery shop to have the rail padded and covered. But it cost me a lot more than these tables.

11-26-2001, 06:46 PM
about the larger size--determine if players will be able to EASILY reach chips in center...it sounds too big.

have played on many flat tables (no ring or rail or whatever you call it) they work just fine--some guys prefer.

one fellow made his (1)4'x8'plywood 3/4"thick(2)used about 4" pipe with cap an feet and flange that pipe screwed into, flange was attached to bott0om of table---if you do make it, be sure not to make padding too soft so that stacks of chips will not fall, need just a little under the stretch polyester fabric available at specialty fabric stores