PDA

View Full Version : You're the BB. MP min raises. Folded to you. What hands to call with?

AA suited
08-03-2005, 09:17 AM
$0.50/$1 no limit.

no reads.

You're the BB and MP raises to $2. everyone else folds.

You are getting 3.5:1 to call. I'm thinking with those odds, I should call with top 50% of hands (any A, K, suited Q, j8s+, any connectors and suited 1 offs).

what hands to call with? and mathematically, what hands should I call with?

LetYouDown
08-03-2005, 09:38 AM
There is no cut and dry formula for this, it's entirely dependent on your opponent. You can figure out what you're correct to see the flop with in a limit game, but is this opponent super aggressive post flop? Is he weak/passive? Does he only minraise with monster hands? There are too many variables here to come up with a straightforward formula.

diebitter
08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$0.50/$1 no limit.

no reads.

You're the BB and MP raises to $2. everyone else folds.

You are getting 3.5:1 to call. I'm thinking with those odds, I should call with top 50% of hands (any A, K, suited Q, j8s+, any connectors and suited 1 offs).

what hands to call with? and mathematically, what hands should I call with?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a player you know nothing about, Yes, except Qxs I'd fold, unsuited connectors below T9 I'd fold, suited (0+1 gap) connectors below 54s I'd fold, Q8s I'd play, and I'd play any PPs. Some I'd raise instead of calling maybe if I knew more about the other player.