PDA

View Full Version : reputation part 2

yabastid
08-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Oh the irony . . .

"Completely insane play all around. You are playing in a 5 dollar tournament. You cannot believe they are going to interpret your min raise as a BIG POCKET pair and thus toss their pocket Jacks proudly into the muck.

Min raising preflop here is basically terrible. Someone should have taught you the lesson to not try to run fancy bluffs against weak players. Of course this doesn't mean obvious steal situations, but what you did here is so way over the top."

-curtains responds to one of my posts in the MTT forum

So how exactly do you want people to repond to you in the MTT forum? More constructive input like "someone should teach you the lesson . . . "?

yabastid

PrayingMantis
08-03-2005, 04:46 AM
I actually don't think that in his "reputation" thread curtains was complaining about being criticized or flamed, so I don't see the point of your post. He was only pointing out the phenomenon of being perceived in two different ways on the STT forum and on the MTT forum, due to existence or lack of "reputation".

And about this quote you made: he's telling you that what you did (and your thinking about it) was terrible in the context of a poker game. I don't really see the problem with it. You can disagree with him of course, and you even have a right to stop reading his posts altogether, although it will definitely be -EV IMO (in comparison to keep reading him), whether you agree with him or not.