PDA

View Full Version : Tough Lvl 1 hand

Elektrik
08-03-2005, 03:17 AM
PP 200

Early in SNG, all stacks are around 1000.

I have JTo in MP. EP limps, and I smell a big pot coming, so I limp as well. CO and Button follow, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 90)

Blinds check, EP checks, I see an opportunity to semibluff (2 overcards + straight draw) my way into a decent sized pot so I bet 90. CO calls, button folds, SB folds, BB min raises to 180, LP folds, I call w/ pot odds, CO calls.

Turn J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, pot 630

BB checks, I bet 300 (I might be good with my J, but I have two pair, trip, and straight draw outs). CO calls, BB pushes, I call, CO calls.

River 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, pot ~3000

I take down a massive pot, and used the chips to win the SNG.
<font color="white"> Guess who's back? </font>
Any comments?

08-03-2005, 03:42 AM
played JTo too hard so early in a tournament for me, but nice hand nonetheless. I would've probably folded preflop and on the flop.

tigerite
08-03-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, I bet 300 (I might be good with my J, but I have two pair, trip, and straight draw outs).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but there is no way you can know this. What if one of them has a set? I think the play was donkish on the turn, and not really great on the flop either. I notice you don't say what the others had. Funny that, I bet you were miles behind without the 4-outer

Freudian
08-03-2005, 05:45 AM
I think that if you play trash in level 1, it will hurt your ROI, possibly in a significant way.

And to use nonsense reasons to do it ("I smell a big pot coming" "I might be good with my J, but I have two pair, trip, and straight draw outs") makes me quite suspicious of your SnG decision making process.

You had preflop-flop-turn crap-crap that missed the flop-top pair mediocre kicker with a non-nuts gutshot straight draw and that didn't prevent you from calling an all-in on the turn. What saved you was I assume the rivered straight. Poor play all around with a fortunate result.

PrayingMantis
08-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Is this a reversed bad-beat post?

[ QUOTE ]
BB min raises

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB pushes

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an unraised multi-way pot in a $215 SNG. Can you please tell me what hands do you put BB on and how does your hand on the turn fares against his on avarage?

psyduck
08-03-2005, 06:16 AM
horrible hand?

preflop: maybe at least a couple limpers to you and you call in late position is a spot for JTs. not in MP with ONE limper

flop: easiest place to take a free card. wtf are you bluffing into 5 people for?

turn: AGAIN misplayed. did the minraise on the flop not smell of a monster? take the free card and hope you improve.

river: you're one lucky motherfucker. I bet you were behind the whole hand to two pair or a set from BB or CO.

08-03-2005, 06:29 AM
How i'd play it:

Preflop - Easy Lay Down

Flop - Why are you bluffing with those outs? Plus, its not really a hand you want to narrow the field with, if a 9 falls on 4th street, you want everyone involved.....

Turn, top pair 10 kicker, isn't the greatest hand here, when you've been miniraised (pot building with 2 pair or trips perhaps?)

River: Plain lucky....

This is poor play at a $20 level, net alone $200...
I guess the others had a set or 2 pair, and you spiked them on the river, 180 of your chips on a flop like that with j10 =/ over 25% of your stack invested in the pot already? Poor....

curtains
08-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Ok I have to go to bed but nice to see you are back. Also nice to see you play like a loony.

psyduck
08-03-2005, 06:42 AM
Solid play on the river though.

BTW I can't tell if this thread is serious or not.

kyro
08-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Who the hell has hacked your account!

Freudian
08-03-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell has hacked your account!

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he is testing the reputation thingy Curtains mentioned?

DrunkHamster
08-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Guess who's back???

curtains
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah wouldnt be shocked

PrayingMantis
08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he is testing the reputation thingy Curtains mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I didn't visit this forum for quite a while recently, so I actually don't really know anything about this poster's reputation.

However, if he IS a reputable poster, then obviously he played this hand great. I like it A LOT.

KramerTM
09-12-2005, 11:28 AM
I love this play!

All the noobs out there take note... this is how you play your small overs with ISD outs.

Welcome back man. We got some catching up to do.

Go Bruno!

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm glad that wasn't against me. That'd probably put me on life tilt.

citanul
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
i think you play bat.

that is all.

citanul

zambonidrivr
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
dats no limit baby.

keep playing, and teach all your donk friends your insightful ways.

citanul
09-12-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dats no limit baby.

keep playing, and teach all your donk friends your insightful ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that's funny [censored].

ooooooh the sweet irony.

citanul

raptor517
09-12-2005, 11:50 AM
go back to med school. donk. holla

KramerTM
09-12-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
go back to med school. donk. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Still undergrad if I'm not mistaken. Nearly married, but undergrad.