PDA

View Full Version : SB requirements

Ben
03-12-2003, 05:52 PM
At lower (looser) limits, what do you guys generally need to call in the SB (1 bet to you)?

Abdul says Jx and any suited but that seems crazy to me--any input?

Thanks much,
Ben

RockLobster
03-12-2003, 05:55 PM
As you may already know, that depends on the number of callers ahead of you, the likelihood of the BB raising, and the overall texture of the game.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I've found that reading Lee Jones' "Winning Low Limit Hold'em" was worth the time & $ investment...

Bob T.
03-12-2003, 06:00 PM
I have been calling with any two suited, and I think that it is a play that is profitable in the long run. I tend not to complete with big/small combinations, but would also complete with two gappers, and if the limper(s) are aggressive, maybe Ax.

Ed Miller
03-12-2003, 06:31 PM
I complete my 1/2 sized SB with any two suited, offsuit connectors and one-gaps down to about 76o and 86o or so, two cards higher than 8, and Axo. I might be a tad loose, but I'm not way too loose.

I'll complete a 2/3 sized SB with any two cards... though I don't think you are giving up much by folding total unrepentant offsuit trash.

CrackerZack
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
GREAT SIGNATURE!!!

"I put my pants on one leg at a time, but when my pants are on, I make gold records."