PDA

View Full Version : Small confusing multiway AKo hand 5/10

fimbulwinter
08-03-2005, 01:54 AM
both villains are tight and passive. all stacks around 1.5K.

two limps to me, i make it 55 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif, one behind calls, one blind calls.

7/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif (170)

blind bets 30, I make it 150, LP calls, blind calls

9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (620)

check, check, check

K/images/graemlins/club.gif (620)

blind bets 80, i call, lp calls

is this thing on?

fim

Richie Rich
08-03-2005, 01:59 AM
I think the blind left at least $250 on the table. Probably closer to $500-600.

edge
08-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Weird hand. I make it 200 on the flop just because that's what I'd do with black Kings. If they're on the weak side of tight, betting the turn could be good. The river is just strange. What do you think of making it 300 and folding to more action?

fimbulwinter
08-03-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The river is just strange. What do you think of making it 300 and folding to more action?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a little confusing. do you mean raise the river to 300 or bet the turn 300?

fim

edge
08-03-2005, 02:31 AM
River. Are these guys tight-passive morons that will do this with any pair? I can't think of what they would be holding that beats you, given the action up to that point, unless they're super-rocks.

I think the turn and river are really dependent on your read of the players and your image and the table texture and all of that stuff.

fimbulwinter
08-03-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River. Are these guys tight-passive morons that will do this with any pair? I can't think of what they would be holding that beats you, given the action up to that point, unless they're super-rocks.

I think the turn and river are really dependent on your read of the players and your image and the table texture and all of that stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you see this as a value bet or a bluff?

fim

edge
08-03-2005, 02:52 AM
Value bet. If the blind checked, would you bet? I think you may get a call from a Jack, a pocket pair, or a weaker King.

coltrane
08-03-2005, 03:05 AM
taking the initiative you took on the flop, I think a bet of about $350 was warranted on the turn.....first off, in a multiway pot, people's true colors seem to shine through more.....secondly, with your aggression throughout the hand/that board, they would need a big hand to continue on against a big turn bet......pairs might fold, small flushes might freeze up and call, full houses might stick all their money in......obviously, if your turn bet gets raised, just fold - against these player descriptions there's a good chance you might be drawing dead anyway.....if you get called, just check the river (your turn bet will have likely earned you a free showdown) unless you hit a heart and think you're good.....

creedofhubris
08-03-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
taking the initiative you took on the flop, I think a bet of about $350 was warranted on the turn.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Two people called his monster flop raise on a suited board, and the board just paired! No way should this be bet.

TheWorstPlayer
08-03-2005, 09:34 AM
$120 raise into a $230 pot is not a monster raise.

ahnuld
08-03-2005, 10:01 AM
I think this is a bluff/value bet. The sb has no idea where he stands, and is trying to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. I wouldnt be surprised to see him with with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Jx. Then again, he could have flopped a set of sevens and is using this weak lead to get an agressive plaer, (you) to raise him. I think raising this river is suicidal. Just calling like you did is the only way IMO

Yeti
08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd have made it $200 on the flop.

Rest is completely standard.

coltrane
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Two people called his monster flop raise on a suited board, and the board just paired! No way should this be bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

the board pairing makes me more inclined to bet - I don't know about you, but I love getting raised when I could be drawing dead......there's $620 in the pot, how often does a bet of $350 take the pot down combined with the number of times the bet is just called and hero sucks out?.....how often does it have to to be +EV?......see what I'm stepping in?.....

fimbulwinter
08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I won against JxT/images/graemlins/heart.gif (LP) and QxQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif (blind)

weird hand

fim