PDA

View Full Version : Scammed by a 2+2er

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Back in the beginning of May I offered a fellow 2+2er a stake for 1700 for him to play the 50+5 stt’s. We had agreed on a 50% of the profits go to me along with the original stake being returned when either of us wishes to pull out of the agreement. The details changed later to lower the profit cut but that has had very little affect on the situation or the money involved.

The bankroll was approaching 6k in the coming months and I was pleased with how the agreement was going. After another month of swingy sessions he was still around 6k. When July came around I needed some extra money to pay off a car that I had recently bought and told him that the stake was over and that he needs to send me back my portion ASAP. He obliged and quickly sent 300 to me and promised that more would be on the way through the week. The whole week went by before I had spotted him online, and at this point he had stopped responding to any email or pm I had sent him. I told him point blank that there is no reason it should take so long and send me my money now. He quickly sent over another 300 and has now disappeared under a different screen name which I already know. Now this prick is ignoring my messages that I have been sending him and not sending me anymore of the $3000+ he owes me.

Well obviously this guy is dumb as a doorknob because now I have his full name, 2 screen names, his college, his cell phone number, and the name of the college he attends so it will be pretty easy to track him down if it comes to that. I have given him an ultimatum of calling me in the next 24 hours and start sending me my payments or else all of his information along with the story is going up on 2+2. Well the countdown begins. I’m sure we can figure out a way to both get my money back and teach a prick that has scammed a fellow 2+2er a lesson in why you should never do this. Hold on tight everyone because I will not be surprised one bit and am looking forward to posting all of his information so I can teach him a lesson and hopefully get my money back.

citanul
08-03-2005, 01:54 AM
you should:

stab him

make him eat his own poop

nail his mom

citanul

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll be sure to do that.

Countdown: 23 hours 55 minutes till everyone knows who this douchebag is.

Shilly
08-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Can we get hints as the countdown progresses?

tech
08-03-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. Maybe a prize pool for first to guess it?

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 02:02 AM
I promised that I would give him 24 hours so I will hold my promise unlike the stakee. The only information I will give you is he mostly posted on the stt forum and hasn't posted in about 2 months. Any regular poster will recognize the name once it is posted.

kasey2004
08-03-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u could give us one letter of his screen name every hour as we build the prize pool, so we can eventually piece them together /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Mr_J
08-03-2005, 02:04 AM
If I was you I'd be hoping he doesn't cough it up, so I can go hunt him down and put his balls in a vice. Warning to the kid, you really don't want someone out there after you for a few lousy K. Just pay up. If you owed me money I'd make you feel pain. I'd also be collecting interest, I think all of your profits sounds fair.

GrekeHaus
08-03-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Yugo.

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Well I just recieved a PM from the stakee and he says he has every intention of repaying me....

I will keep you guys updated with the info.

Shilly
The witch hunt is on! <font color="white"> I swear it's not me. </font>

lacky
You need lessons in reading comprehesion. The person MADE money, therefore, not yugo /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve

(edit-sorry yugo, it was a creampuff pitch, slow and outside, how could I not take a swing at it)

GrekeHaus
08-03-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You need lessons in reading comprehesion. The person MADE money, therefore, not yugo /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I change my guess to Gigabet.

lacky
08-03-2005, 02:16 AM
seems to be working, so I would tie the payments to the same condition.

skierdude1000
08-03-2005, 02:19 AM
Good luck, sorry to hear you got into this mess.

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Well it looks like the stakee has already gotten the hint that he needs to pay up ASAP. But like I said before, anything can happen, so stay tuned. I will give you guys an update in the morning.

Apathy
08-03-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I promised that I would give him 24 hours so I will hold my promise unlike the stakee. The only information I will give you is he mostly posted on the stt forum and hasn't posted in about 2 months. Any regular poster will recognize the name once it is posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I'm interested now, I'm gonna be really bumed if this guy/girl pays in the next 24 hours.

boedeker
08-03-2005, 02:36 AM
maybe you owe him.

Matt R.
08-03-2005, 02:47 AM
I think you should post the name anyway, just for the sheer fact that you should not have to go through BS like this to get payed in the first place. I really hate scumbags that don't repay a debt, they're honestly one of the lowest pieces of [censored] on earth to me. The funny thing is, they're usually the ones whining that you have to pay them back IMMEDIATELY the second you owe them a penny.

Vasquez
08-03-2005, 02:54 AM
You should post his name /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-vas

microbet
08-03-2005, 02:54 AM
That sucks dude. What was his FICO score?

Ogre
08-03-2005, 02:55 AM
i cant wait to hear who it is. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

what kind of car did you buy?

Irieguy
08-03-2005, 02:57 AM
I will always be amazed by how difficult it is to get money from somebody that owes it to you when they owe you a portion of winnings.

You flippin' won the money, man.

I have loaned, backed, coached, and split percentages with dozens of people on this forum and have had serious trouble collecting money that was already won from more than a few 2+2ers.

It's the second most significant factor in my decision to stop doing all of the above.

I dig a lot of dudes on this forum, but it is rather depressing how some "regular posters" have trouble paying up.

My theory is that people who aren't raised among gamesmen are never taught what gambler's honor is. Those of us who were raised that way assume that it's common sense to keep your word. Guess not.

Irieguy

The Yugoslavian
08-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Wow, that really sucks. Here is something to help you cope:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/3/2516/640/myscans-adriana-05.jpg

Yugoslav

Ogre
08-03-2005, 02:58 AM
pay up or be spite called for life

J-Lo
08-03-2005, 03:24 AM
Alright i'l admit it, i was the one who he staked and didnt pay him... if you want the story it's in white below.(warning: long and depressing)

<font color="white"> I first started playing the $11's with my own money and did just fine... moved up and did well. So then i was at the $55's doing great, pwning the $55's for 17% over 500.

Then the grey clouds started to hover over my life. There was not a silver lining to be found!! First i got kicked out of school-- long story short, i played too much poker and didn't do enough HW. I was told by many to get help and gambler's anonymous. So what'd i do? i kept playing-- moved up to the 109's w/ a 5k roll. Killin the game-- 20% over 200 games!!! i'm unstoppable is how i felt. So with a 9k roll i decided the step 5's is where it's at. Well 50 step 5's later i found my account ballance to be $57 and some change. That's when i got Chris to back me. I still had the numbers to my dorm and such, so that was no problem. So now i have $1700 to play the $55's-- again i'm doin great. Got the roll up to 5k like chris said-- "so, what the hey, back to the step 5's" i said... Those step 5's are brutal-- like crack you get hooked and can't get enough. Now i'm runnin a pyramid scheme, moving money around to make the many backers i have satiated. Suffice to say, gambling has ruined my life.

I didn't proof read any of it, and i just made it up in 10 minutes-- pretty good story, and sorry for wasting your time... The best part will be people who read everything except this paragraph. Dont ready any further if you get it.

I've been thinking of gettin help, but i'm 20k in debt-- and still have an uncontrollable urge to play the step 5's with any money i can get into my account. I am poker player who has become a scam artist. I really wish i could stop but i am stuck in a viscious cycle. So if you would like to help me send money to my pary account, PM me for details. </font>

edit: i hope no one takes me pokin' fun at the situation too seriously... If anyone does, i'l re-edit and remove this--- just say the word... and if i can't do it, i'l ask lunatic to do it.

ZebraAss
08-03-2005, 03:26 AM
it was me

microbet
08-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Have you been playing the $55s?

Mr_J
08-03-2005, 03:45 AM
Zebra was playing the $55s a few months ago. From what I remember he was pretty aggressive with bankroll so it wouldn't surprise me if he lost his bankroll at some point (so needed backing). And yeh he hasn't posted for awhile.

The Don
08-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Rough stuff. For some reason I just can't relate though. There is no urge which could break through the barrier of logic in my mind that says don't play the toughest game possible with 9 buyins.

There was no way ~50 buyins at the 215s could satisfy this? I'm sure you would be at least break even there. I have seen you during the daytime at the $22s recently so I hope that pwning the smaller stakes again is a step in the right direction.

Anyway, good luck in the future. You are young so it is not as big of a deal as it could be.

Ogre
08-03-2005, 03:58 AM
who was it???????????

Degen
08-03-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rough stuff. For some reason I just can't relate though. There is no urge which could break through the barrier of logic in my mind that says don't play the toughest game possible with 9 buyins.

There was no way ~50 buyins at the 215s could satisfy this? I'm sure you would be at least break even there. I have seen you during the daytime at the $22s recently so I hope that pwning the smaller stakes again is a step in the right direction.

Anyway, good luck in the future. You are young so it is not as big of a deal as it could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that was a joke dude

and i must say i'm quite happy nobody mentioned me in this thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Yugo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Brendon: Leave the Yugo-Bashing to a professional /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know that you're just kidding; but among the several posters that would not be capable of the crime-in-question, Yugo would be the least likely....Nerd=Yes....[censored]=Yes.. Really Creepy=Yes.....but, ScumBag = absolutely not

Freudian
08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
To paraphrase Homer Simpson:

Oh sure. Even staking works. In theory.

durron597
08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
This is part of the reason why despite being given offers to be staked on more than one occasion I have turned them down. The other reason is that I want to keep 100% of my profits.

Now if I could just win a 70/30....

citanul
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
it was me.

my bad.

citanul

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Well since the culprit has come forward in this thread I will leave it at that. And to clear it up it wasn't Citanul. From the looks of everything it looks like ZebraAss is going to pay the money he owes me. I respect you for atleast coming forward Zebra.

boedeker
08-03-2005, 11:16 AM
it was me and you still owe me for making all that rake for your affiliate. no way in hell im paying you twice.

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will always be amazed by how difficult it is to get money from somebody that owes it to you when they owe you a portion of winnings.

I have loaned, backed, coached, and split percentages with dozens of people on this forum and have had serious trouble collecting money that was already won from more than a few 2+2ers.

It's the second most significant factor in my decision to stop doing all of the above.

I dig a lot of dudes on this forum, but it is rather depressing how some "regular posters" have trouble paying up.

My theory is that people who aren't raised among gamesmen are never taught what gambler's honor is. Those of us who were raised that way assume that it's common sense to keep your word. Guess not.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny because you are actually the one that inspired me to stake this player because of your past posts of how successful you were when you staked 3 2+2ers. I guess the smae thing has been done to you once or twice since then.

The Yugoslavian
08-03-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ScumBag = absolutely not

[/ QUOTE ]

How touching! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I owe you a big winkysailor hug tomorrow at lunch, /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
08-03-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are actually the one that inspired me to stake this player because of your past posts of how successful you were when you staked 3 2+2'ers

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking Irieguy's advice on matters of fiscal management is similar to the following:

Advisor / Matter

Yugo - Talking to Women
Zen - Talking to Wives
Beef - Style
Slacker - Pwning a $10 prop bet
66's - Picking a Life-Mate
"SFB" - Sobriety
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SuitedSixes
08-03-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

66's - Picking a Life-Mate

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you are one funny old geezer!

SuitedSixes
08-03-2005, 02:14 PM
What is your other screen name?

orenthal
08-03-2005, 02:34 PM
it was me.....i needed the money to pay all the judgments against me. i have already had to sell my hiesman trophy for cripes sake!!!

SlackerMcFly
08-03-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slacker - Pwning a $10 prop bet

[/ QUOTE ]
"Beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on."
ShakeyMcSlack

pooh74
08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that was a joke dude

and i must say i'm quite happy nobody mentioned me in this thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you guys remember that guy gauchofish? It reminds me of that situation somehow...

lol...Remember Degen, I can joke cas I defended you...its documented!

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="white"> U asked for it! /images/graemlins/wink.gif</font>

Jay36489
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey Chris, stake me!

Edit: Ya know, it boggles my mind how people could give money to someone else to gamble with that they met over the internet and dont really know. For all anyone knows Zebra could be Saddam Husein posting from a jail in Baghdad...

The Don
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that was a joke dude

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you guys remember that guy gauchofish? It reminds me of that situation somehow...

lol...Remember Degen, I can joke cas I defended you...its documented!

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="white"> U asked for it! /images/graemlins/wink.gif</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops... didn't see the last sentence in that. Seemed realistic with the white and the poor grammar and all. I had a feeling nobody was stupid enough to play the step 5s with a 9k roll.

Matt R.
08-03-2005, 05:26 PM
To ZebraAss or anyone else who would know:
Would anyone mind explaining the logic to me behind not paying up on a debt from your winnings ? I'm legitimately curious. I could somewhat see not paying up if you don't have the money... i.e. something terrible happened or you just lost it. But where does the idea come from for, "oh, I guess I just won't pay up." Then go to the extent of trying to disappear. I seriously just don't get it, I don't think I ever will, but I'd like to hear it if someone has a good explanation of why people do this.

gumpzilla
08-03-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously just don't get it, I don't think I ever will, but I'd like to hear it if someone has a good explanation of why people do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they like money?

yabastid
08-03-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously just don't get it, I don't think I ever will, but I'd like to hear it if someone has a good explanation of why people do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just suck as people.

Matt R.
08-03-2005, 05:44 PM
So do I, but I don't steal when I have a surplus of it.

The Yugoslavian
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Probably a somewhat similar reason that I don't go exercise every day. I just don't wanna deal with it, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To ZebraAss or anyone else who would know:
Would anyone mind explaining the logic to me behind not paying up on a debt from your winnings ? I'm legitimately curious. I could somewhat see not paying up if you don't have the money... i.e. something terrible happened or you just lost it. But where does the idea come from for, "oh, I guess I just won't pay up." Then go to the extent of trying to disappear. I seriously just don't get it, I don't think I ever will, but I'd like to hear it if someone has a good explanation of why people do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also questioned him on an explanation in a PM. He failed to respond to that in the PM along with me telling him to give me a phone number I can reach him at. He ignored that question twice. I still have an ultimatum with him that he needs to contact me by phone in the next 7 hours and atleast start the transfers to me PP account.

skipperbob
08-03-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a somewhat similar reason that I don't go exercise every day. I just don't wanna deal with it, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

One's a crook...the other is just a lazy, no-good, noose-loving, Slob!

It's a subtle shading of difference /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ZebraAss
08-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Last week of March, Transfer from ChrisCo of 750.00. Was down to 55 within a day. Played one 33 and one 22 - Back up to 1k within 4 hours.
Week 1 - No steady improvement of bankroll, roughly 800.00
Week 2 - Recieved 750 from ChrisCo - Still hanging around 1300-1400 mark
Week 3 - ChrisCo goes on vacation. I play 600 SNG's just over 10 days. All break even. (Small winning % but MTT's killed it)
Week 4 - Mad run of MTT's and SNG's - Up to 5300 - I offered to end the staking deal. He declined by saying he would take the % down to 35 or something like that...
Week 5 and 6 - My life was on tilt...I played just about 90 Step 5's on a 4k bankroll starting bankroll(2k from my portion of the staking and 2k deposited from my bank account)- I transfered 3k into other account so he would still have his money there. I busted my step 5 account with a 1st place % of 3.28.
Week 7 - 10 - Slowly losing at the 55's. Win a bit and try to keep the run going by playing 109's or 2 tabling the 215...back to where i started. I had vacation for 2 weeks in that time period too. During this week I also made a thread about reviewing HH's. I looked over about 300 SNG's of my own and others play.
Week 11 - 12- Chris asks for bankroll back, threatens my life, yada yada yada... I say I cant but I will try to get it to you. He threatens my life, yada yada yada. I say fine ill give you what i can. Over past week i am +1,500 at the 55's and down 1500 at the 109's. Why I keep playing like an idiot...is beyond me.
Week 13 - "Scammed by a 2+2er" Which IMO has been long delayed.

Why I was playing the step 5's...you know the answer and I admit it...

Why he didnt demand the money when I was playing the step 5's...who knows, but who cares. All i want to do is get him he God Damn money.

Note: this was not edited so it has no factual value.

ChrisCo
08-03-2005, 09:44 PM
This seems like a pretty accurate acount of what happened IMO. ZebraAss you need to PM a screenshot of your account history so I can verify all the numbers. For all I know you might have had the roll up to 10k before you dropped it all by being an idiot playing the step 5s. In that case you would owe me A LOT more. I am no longer taking your word. You need proof to back it up.

And one more thing, I never threatened your life, and if I did, you deserved it and you know that. What you did is what douchebags do and now you are caught.

Bill Poker
08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
amazing, exactly the same as J_Lo's story /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Last week of March, Transfer from ChrisCo of 750.00. Was down to 55 within a day. Played one 33 and one 22 - Back up to 1k within 4 hours.
Week 1 - No steady improvement of bankroll, roughly 800.00
Week 2 - Recieved 750 from ChrisCo - Still hanging around 1300-1400 mark
Week 3 - ChrisCo goes on vacation. I play 600 SNG's just over 10 days. All break even. (Small winning % but MTT's killed it)
Week 4 - Mad run of MTT's and SNG's - Up to 5300 - I offered to end the staking deal. He declined by saying he would take the % down to 35 or something like that...
Week 5 and 6 - My life was on tilt...I played just about 90 Step 5's on a 4k bankroll starting bankroll(2k from my portion of the staking and 2k deposited from my bank account)- I transfered 3k into other account so he would still have his money there. I busted my step 5 account with a 1st place % of 3.28.
Week 7 - 10 - Slowly losing at the 55's. Win a bit and try to keep the run going by playing 109's or 2 tabling the 215...back to where i started. I had vacation for 2 weeks in that time period too. During this week I also made a thread about reviewing HH's. I looked over about 300 SNG's of my own and others play.
Week 11 - 12- Chris asks for bankroll back, threatens my life, yada yada yada... I say I cant but I will try to get it to you. He threatens my life, yada yada yada. I say fine ill give you what i can. Over past week i am +1,500 at the 55's and down 1500 at the 109's. Why I keep playing like an idiot...is beyond me.
Week 13 - "Scammed by a 2+2er" Which IMO has been long delayed.

Why I was playing the step 5's...you know the answer and I admit it...

Why he didnt demand the
money when I was playing the step 5's...who knows, but who cares. All i want to do is get him he God Damn money.

Note: this was not edited so it has no factual value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spook
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
how was the chopping supposed to happen?
weekly? great article in the magazine about things like this this month.

DyessMan89
08-03-2005, 10:16 PM
This is why we dont trust anyone. Plain and simple.

I think your lucky to be getting or atleast seem to be getting what your owed. Many times it doesnt happen that way ... and then it escalates from there.

Jay36489
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
My understanding of a staking agreement is that you get the original stake back and then a percentage of whatever has been made. If he lost some of it back to you expect to get paid on whatever his bankroll was at at the highest point?

Ogre
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
I got 3rd in a step 5 once, started at step 1 too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt R.
08-03-2005, 10:53 PM
I doubt the plan was to risk his entire stake by the stakee playing the step 5's with &lt;10 buy-ins.

reecelights
08-03-2005, 11:16 PM
This is why when Greg Raymer sold shares of himself they had a written agreement which prescribed the buy-in levels at which he was to play. Get it in writing folks.

http://www.fossilmanpoker.com/faqs.htm

See question number 3. Should be required reading for anyone considering staking/being staked, etc.

LostMyCaseMoney
08-04-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

In everything I have ever done you lived and died by your reputation and I'm as young as they come on here. People where not raised with any values though which is why you are staking them and not vice versa.

Someone else mentioned asking why you would stake someone online for gambling and I would have to say I'm coming around to agree with this. My adventures in staking have been mediocore at best and it's not like it's easy to make them pay up if they don't want to like it would be if they play in the same club as you. I have always just played midlimits but I have never been staked and when I screwed up and got broke I humped the microlimits to get back. I realize when playing for a living unless you've got cash saved up it's not realistic to do but I view most people as far too high risk online to ever be staking. Maybe if there was some people to say yes they're good for it I've staked them before etc. etc. then it would be an acceptable risk but that brings up the problem is that I never wanted the fact I was backing a person disclosed. The only person who has consistently payed me without problems was a person who got broke and I offered to stake because we played in a tournament together years ago and he would send me money for the penny tables and $1 tournaments. Nobody, even people I played with regularly, aside from him ever obeyed the conditions we had set prior. The only person who did broke that the other day and jumped into a game he almost never played and didn't have the roll for and lost my stake. Fortunately the vig he had payed the week prior almost covered it but it was still dissapointing to lose my only cash cow. Staking online poker players is a losing proposition and all the bad apples ruin it for the few good players who are honest and may eventually get unlucky enough they are in need of a stake.

J-Lo
08-04-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
amazing, exactly the same as J_Lo's story /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

scary ain't it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChrisCo
08-04-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

In everything I have ever done you lived and died by your reputation and I'm as young as they come on here. People where not raised with any values though which is why you are staking them and not vice versa.

Someone else mentioned asking why you would stake someone online for gambling and I would have to say I'm coming around to agree with this. My adventures in staking have been mediocore at best and it's not like it's easy to make them pay up if they don't want to like it would be if they play in the same club as you. I have always just played midlimits but I have never been staked and when I screwed up and got broke I humped the microlimits to get back. I realize when playing for a living unless you've got cash saved up it's not realistic to do but I view most people as far too high risk online to ever be staking. Maybe if there was some people to say yes they're good for it I've staked them before etc. etc. then it would be an acceptable risk but that brings up the problem is that I never wanted the fact I was backing a person disclosed. The only person who has consistently payed me without problems was a person who got broke and I offered to stake because we played in a tournament together years ago and he would send me money for the penny tables and $1 tournaments. Nobody, even people I played with regularly, aside from him ever obeyed the conditions we had set prior. The only person who did broke that the other day and jumped into a game he almost never played and didn't have the roll for and lost my stake. Fortunately the vig he had payed the week prior almost covered it but it was still dissapointing to lose my only cash cow. Staking online poker players is a losing proposition and all the bad apples ruin it for the few good players who are honest and may eventually get unlucky enough they are in need of a stake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, like I have said, I am no longer ever going to stake someone that I don't know personally that lives close to me. Simple as that. Too much can go wrong.

For those looking for an update it looks as if I am going to get my money back. I don't know how long it will take but it appears that ZebraAss will mostly be working off his debt and be repaying me through the next week or two. If this doesn't happen I will be back on here with all of his info.

pokerdirty
08-04-2005, 01:53 AM
hey, anyone want to stake me?

eastbay
08-04-2005, 02:58 AM
These semi-anonymous online staking deals are mondo stupid. That is all.

eastbay

astarck
08-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Question number 3 is about Raymer going to a fossil show.

??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

BZ_Zorro
08-04-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a pretty accurate acount of what happened IMO. ZebraAss you need to PM a screenshot of your account history so I can verify all the numbers. For all I know you might have had the roll up to 10k before you dropped it all by being an idiot playing the step 5s. In that case you would owe me A LOT more. I am no longer taking your word. You need proof to back it up.

And one more thing, I never threatened your life, and if I did, you deserved it and you know that. What you did is what douchebags do and now you are caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going way too far claiming his bankroll at the highest point. Where is your risk in this agreement?

To zebra: The guy is being an idiot and deserves to lose his money. If you didn't have a written agreement, tell him to get screwed. Pay him back the original stake and not a cent more. Then see a lawyer and threaten him with defamation if he posts your name and address on a public forum. Take it to court if you need to, you have an excellent case. You can't defame someone like this in public. If he continues to harass you, get a restraining order.

The way he's acting, let him take you to small claims court if he wants his money, a judge won't allow more than a cent of the original stake, if that. Good luck to you.

Toddy
08-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Why would anyone stake a stranger?

Degen
08-04-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone stake a stranger?

[/ QUOTE ]

its not quite so strangery around here, its a good group of guys for the most part...a lot of us have met and hung out with each other outside of this forum.

i was about to back a fellow 2er before this thread made me vervous as heck.

ChrisCo
08-04-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going way too far claiming his bankroll at the highest point. Where is your risk in this agreement?

To zebra: The guy is being an idiot and deserves to lose his money. If you didn't have a written agreement, tell him to get screwed. Pay him back the original stake and not a cent more. Then see a lawyer and threaten him with defamation if he posts your name and address on a public forum. Take it to court if you need to, you have an excellent case. You can't defame someone like this in public. If he continues to harass you, get a restraining order.

The way he's acting, let him take you to small claims court if he wants his money, a judge won't allow more than a cent of the original stake, if that. Good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, good luck. I don't know why some people are think it is wrong to do this. We have both agreed that he owes me the 3500 in full because he broke the contract when he played step 5s.

The risk that I took was claiming the losses if he had any and the risk of not getting paid.

And no, I am not being an idiot. This is about the only solution when ZebraAss ignored me for about 10 days. After 5 mintues of this being posted on the net I got an answer from him. No way was I wrong and ZebraAss knows that.

And he will have fun getting any information on me because I have given him very little info about myself. And I have not released his information so I have done nothing illegal or commited slander. Every word I have spoken on here has been the truth. You are defending someone who has already given in.

Matt R.
08-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Will you please stake me? I like your perceived "fair" arrangement -- I get to play with your money and only pay your original stake back. It's the same as playing with my own money, except I get 100% of the profits! Also, I assume you won't mind if I play a few step 5's with 3.5 buy-ins? I sure love to gamble.

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These semi-anonymous online staking deals are mondo stupid. So is the name ZebraAss. That is all.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

ChrisCo
08-04-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These semi-anonymous online staking deals are mondo stupid. So is the name ZebraAss. That is all.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reecelights
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Sometimes...without my glasses a 3 looks like an 8.

FAQ number 8 is the correct one.

ZebraAss
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
The original 1500 that was staked to me by OP has been paid as of Friday Morning.

KingCon
08-07-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Zebra would pay his lawyer

Moonsugar
08-07-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]