PDA

View Full Version : cash goals

Mariogs379
08-03-2005, 01:46 AM
hi all,
im trying to figure out what realistic goals are for my bankroll. right now i have $130 on pokerstars and id love to hear ideas about what game limit vs. nl and what stakes i should play to profit the most and what you all think i can reach in say the next twenty hours of play
any answers would be great,
-Mario

Matador225
08-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I would play the Party Poker speed tournament in about an hour and then take the $3000 or so u win and put it all on red in a game or roullette. Your bankroll will then be well over $6000. GL with your goal!

Mariogs379
08-03-2005, 02:02 AM
does anyone have any serious and helpful responses?
they would be greatly appreciated...
i figure 1 BB/100 hands so at teh .50/1 level thats 1 dollar per hundred hands and in 20 hours i can fit in about 2k hands so thats $20 more? that seems like its not nearlhy as much as i should be able to make...should i play sit n gos to make more like on the $5 + .50?
-Mario

ace_in_the_hole
08-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Grind away at the lower limit Star's NL ring games.

Mariogs379
08-03-2005, 02:18 AM
like what limit?
and why no limit instead of limit? wont i have greater swings? are the worst players at the stars low stakes nl games? and what about a cash goal after twenty hours? and what about playin sit n gos to make more?

Cancuk
08-03-2005, 02:36 AM
link (http://bonuswhores.com)
go here. do this.
cheers

hizo1
08-03-2005, 03:21 AM
My advice is that instead of focusing on the very short term (next 20 hours), you work on developing your game so that at some point in the future you can make 800 or whatever for every twenty hours of play.

I don't know if you're into ring games or tournaments, limit or pot-limit or no-limit. Whatever your game is make sure you take the time to learn it PROPERLY and more importantly practice good bankroll management. With a BR of 130, I think the highest limit ring game you should be playing is .5/1 for example. I have no idea what the equivalent is in NL or tourneys.

Finally, although it sounds contradictory at first, don't focus on making money per se as you start out. Think of poker as any other game where instead of accumulating points for getting lucky and playing well, instead you're accumulating dollars. The point of playing, at first, is to learn HOW to play well and to have fun in the process. Thinking of it as a way to make short-term money through bonus whoring/running good causes you to develop prematurely as a player, if not outright losing your entire bankroll when you find yourself out of your league.

best of luck.

hizo

GuyOnTilt
08-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Starsquest.

GoT

SoCalRugger
08-03-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone have any serious and helpful responses?
they would be greatly appreciated...
i figure 1 BB/100 hands so at teh .50/1 level thats 1 dollar per hundred hands and in 20 hours i can fit in about 2k hands so thats $20 more? that seems like its not nearlhy as much as i should be able to make...should i play sit n gos to make more like on the $5 + .50?
-Mario

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're using 2000 hands as your estimate, you're better off taking the money off PokerStars and going somewhere to clear a bonus, like the Bet365 $50 bonus on a $50 deposit. Clear that, then go to Paradise for their 25% bonus up to $50. At this stage, you'll make more money bonus whoring than you will in the actual games. Also, it's pretty stupid to just think in the short-term of 20 hours. If you need the money soon, don't play poker 'cause you could hit a downswing and end up in the red.

08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
All depends on your level of play i guess. But i would say at the 25 buy in NL, you could make about 5/hr for now. I would say 100 in 20hrs is a good goal, and then say in 50 hrs, get your bankroll so that you can start at the 50 buy in.

peterchi
08-03-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hi all,
im trying to figure out what realistic goals are for my bankroll. right now i have $130 on pokerstars and id love to hear ideas about what game limit vs. nl and what stakes i should play to profit the most and what you all think i can reach in say the next twenty hours of play
any answers would be great,
-Mario

[/ QUOTE ]

in 20 hours of play you could turn your $130 into $2,000 buying-in short to $200/NL.

you could also (and very likely) go broke in less than 1 hour. this is true even if you played $25/NL, or $.50/$1 limit.

poker isn't about the next 20 hours. everyone can hit a rush. everyone also hits downswings.

a better idea is to build a bankroll (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1060198&fp art=1&PHPSESSID=)

Mariogs379
08-03-2005, 04:58 PM
hey all,
the bonuswhoring sounds like a great idea so id love to do it. the only problem with it is that i dont have a credit card to withdraw and deposit money. is there any way i can still bonuswhore by getting a neteller account without a credit card and using that to bonuswhore? does paypal work for bonuswhoring instead of a credit card?
any ideas?