PDA

View Full Version : The situation I hate the most.

ekky
08-03-2005, 12:08 AM
This is a generic situation really... a nothing-happening sng.. (PP) blind down to 650.. blinds are 50/100.. and you find 2/2---6/6 utg.

I see no point in limping... folding doesn't hold much appeal to me.. so I invariably end up just jamming and shutting my eyes.

is that all you can do? just put your faith in the gods?

bluewilde
08-03-2005, 12:11 AM
It depends on how many players are behind you/how they play, but yeah this is push-fold. While it might not appeal to you folding is sometimes better. Generally the lower the pair and the more people, the less value pushing has. But with six hundred something chip and the blinds about to take 1/4 of your stack, it's often your only move.

ekky
08-03-2005, 12:14 AM
i just hate the position. If it were MP.. I would have less qualms.. but UTG It just makes me go bleh.

Assuming its 7 handed.. still probably correct?

Matt R.
08-03-2005, 12:14 AM
This completely depends on how many are left to act behind you. I'd fold 22-44 all day long if there were still 6 left in the game. 55/66 are more borderline for me. I push these often if there aren't too many people left.

The idea is that you need to put the people still in the pot on a calling range and figure out the probability that they'll have those hands, then figure out your equity from there. Eastbay's program is the easiest way to do this. Aside from that it's just experience.

CaptSensible
08-03-2005, 12:16 AM
This situation for me is completely dependent on how many people are left and what they've been playing like. Table vibe here is huge for me. It's not uncommon for me to fold 22-44 UTG at level 4-5 with 5-7 players left but 95% of my decision is based on info I've gathered on players. The other 5% is instinct.