PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 PS hand

Marlow
08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Villian BB is 21/9 and pretty TAG, but I've seen him make some loose calls and bets. MP is pretty good. Is this standard for the river...?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($371.55)
BB ($418.70)
UTG ($150)
MP ($828.05)
Button ($330.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($28) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, BB calls $27.

River: ($98) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, and plans to call a bet.

Final Pot: $98

Marlow

AZK
08-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Nice turn check-raise, but when he calls, you assume he can beat A9 right? If that is the case, why are you willing to call river, don't you think you are still behind?

Marlow
08-02-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice turn check-raise, but when he calls, you assume he can beat A9 right? If that is the case, why are you willing to call river, don't you think you are still behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent point. This could plug a big hole for me. /images/graemlins/cool.gif Based on his betting pattern here, what do you think about calling a 1/2 pot bet? After all, he was in the BB, and I've shown weakness on the river.

Marlow

rwperu34
08-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I would call a small bet but not a big one. BB defintely has an ace. I'm betting based on his turn bet, his kicker is weak.

A pot sized or bigger bet will be a full house more often than not. But a small bet might be a weak effort at trying to make a hand that would split fold.

j0wlev
08-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Why not lead out on the River?

Fire a good-sized value bet on the river, make it look like you want a call, you are inviting a call. The turn CR showed so much strength, I don't think a weak A will bet the river. The only hand I see value-betting that river is a hand that beats you.

Action: Lead out, if raised you can safely muck but thats pretty read dependent. BB coulda flopped 2 pair and got counterfieted on the river...

Marlow
08-03-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not lead out on the River?

Fire a good-sized value bet on the river, make it look like you want a call, you are inviting a call. The turn CR showed so much strength, I don't think a weak A will bet the river. The only hand I see value-betting that river is a hand that beats you.

Action: Lead out, if raised you can safely muck but thats pretty read dependent. BB coulda flopped 2 pair and got counterfieted on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the reason I didn't consider it is because I don't want to pot it, and anything less looks weak and could induce a bluff, thereby blowing me off my hand. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Do you see it differently, though?