PDA

View Full Version : double min. raise=u fold now....right?

Pete Venkman
08-02-2005, 09:15 PM
.50/1.00 NL 6-max. Never played with villain before and this is only my first orbit. I have $250 and villain has me covered.

I am dealt black aces UTG. I raise to $4. Villain calls on the button. Heads up.

Flop: Q 5 6 (two /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

I lead out for 8, Villain min. raises to 16, I reraise to 54, villain calls.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet 85, villain min. raises to 170. Easy fold?

Advice on the flop and turn would be appreciated. Better ways to play the flop? Thanks.

Voltron87
08-02-2005, 09:17 PM
flat call or reraise more on the flop

stu-unger
08-02-2005, 10:27 PM
first off how do u have 250 in a 100nl game in your first orbit? u must be much better than me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

as for the hand i call the flop min. raise, check/call reasonable turn bet, probably check/fold the turn if its not an ace and he still shows commitment to the pot.

Pete Venkman
08-02-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first off how do u have 250 in a 100nl game in your first orbit? u must be much better than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Absolute Poker, 200 dollar buy-in.

[ QUOTE ]
i call the flop min. raise, check/call reasonable turn bet

[/ QUOTE ]

After flop the pot would be about 40-odd dollars. What's reasonable? Also, are you not concerned with giving a free card on two-tone board? I hate the min. raise.

stu-unger
08-02-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first off how do u have 250 in a 100nl game in your first orbit? u must be much better than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Absolute Poker, 200 dollar buy-in.

[ QUOTE ]
i call the flop min. raise, check/call reasonable turn bet

[/ QUOTE ]

After flop the pot would be about 40-odd dollars. What's reasonable? Also, are you not concerned with giving a free card on two-tone board? I hate the min. raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am concerned with the board, but your villain may be too.
i think im calling like 35 at most on the turn. hopefully it fills the flush and slows the villain down. if he keeps runnin i give him credit for a hand that beats mine and let it go, not feeling bad.

Pete Venkman
08-03-2005, 03:44 PM
others?

08-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I think he hit a set, whats the guy gonna raise that much with AQ? he has you beat, i would fold on the turn, but i would have reraised the min on the flop because it gives him the same idea that you are strong, without you having to commit yourself as much. although this is my style and not yours, and the play you made is not a bad one.

Mackerel
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I think you're better off to just call the flop raise, and lead the turn, no matter what it is. This still conveys adequate strength, but lets you get away cheaper if he comes over the top again.

No way I call the turn raise the way it played out here without a solid read.