PDA

View Full Version : KQ, very multiway, very OOP

xorbie
08-02-2005, 08:54 PM
$.25/$.5 full ring NL at Pokerstars. I'm not paying much attention to the table because I'm focusing more on 6 max ones, so all I know is that button is a predictable donk and one of the MP fellows is pretty decent. I have K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB. 4 limps to button who min raises, I call, BB calls and everyone else calls.

Flop: ($6) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

What's the plan, being way out of position on draw heavy board with worst absolute position, but against a button who may or may not have anything (but probably won't bet with nothing against this full field, I don't think).

the 9
08-02-2005, 09:47 PM
If everyone checks to the button and he bets, then c/r him hard to isolate him and try to just take the pot. The only issue with that is if a shorty in MP decides to push a diamond draw and it starts off the schooling effect.

I'd prefer to open fold this than check/call against multiple opponents - obviously there are lots of different ways to play it depending if anyone leads out or if it's checked round to the button, so as usual, it depends.

Nowadays I avoid these spots like the plague - I'm either folding or raising preflop to isolate the fishy minraiser before everyone has a chance to come along too.

xorbie
08-02-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nowadays I avoid these spots like the plague - I'm either folding or raising preflop to isolate the fishy minraiser before everyone has a chance to come along too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think this is correct.

Ghazban
08-02-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm deathly afraid of playing out of position so this is probably the worst way to play it....

I check and, if somebody in late position bets and its folded to me, I checkraise pot hoping to take it down immediately. If my checkraise gets coldcalled, I'm done with the hand, if its called by the bettor, I'll lead a nonscary turn (there are a few cards in the deck that qualify as nonscary). If someone early bets and its folded to me, I'll call and lead a non-scary turn (folding to a raise). If there's a bet somewhere and anybody calls, I call and check/call nonscary turns as long as there isn't a huge amount of action.

If the flop gets checked through, I lead nonscary turns and check/fold scary ones.

I'm fairly sure it isn't optimal, but it prevents me from having to make any really difficult decisions and (usually) keeps the pot a manageable size.

xorbie
08-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Man.. you and me. We think alike.

Flop is checked through, somehow.

Turn ($6): K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet $5, folded to LP player who calls.

River ($16): K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif
some rag (I don't remember, but not a 9, A, J, Q or diamond).

Value bet? Check call? Check fold (heh.. j/k)?

Ghazban
08-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Check call if he's likely to bet a busted draw; value bet if he's likely to call with 2nd pair. If you choose to bet, I think you have to fold to a raise from most players as it will certainly be at least trip 4s.

xorbie
08-02-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check call if he's likely to bet a busted draw; value bet if he's likely to call with 2nd pair. If you choose to bet, I think you have to fold to a raise from most players as it will certainly be at least trip 4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I play river bad but results oriented good. I check call $3 and lose to 54. Given my big turn bet I think a weak K or AT is more likely than anything else and a value bet of $8 is correct.