PDA

View Full Version : Fairly deep big draw on paired turn

edge
08-02-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif and 3250 behind. I've been playing tight and very aggressively, and I open to 40, which doesn't mean too much. Button calls with 2750 behind and blinds fold. Button is LAG preflop as far as opening pots (he doesn't reraise too much), but not so aggressive postflop.

Flop 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 85 in the pot.

I bet 75, Button makes it 225, I call.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 535 in the pot.

I check, Button bets 350, I fold.

I realize that an overpair is very likely, so I could have up to 15 outs, but if I hit, bet the river, and am raised, I'll cry. If I was in position, I'd definitely reraise the flop, but if I made it 600 and Button smoothcalls, the turn can become tricky.

I don't have too much experience with 300 BB stacks, so do I want to play a big pot on the flop? My instinct says that I don't.

kagame
08-02-2005, 08:26 PM
why would villain be smooth calling the flop
that barely makes sense even without the given action

also, id rather three bet the flop OOP, better chance of ending the hand and not having to continue with the situation

n1bd
08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, id rather three bet the flop OOP, better chance of ending the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree it gives you a great chance of ending the hand, but the stacks are an unpleasant size for a three bet if you have to continue. If villain reraises or calls, hero is hating life.

edge
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Anyone else have input on this hand? With shorter stacks, I can just reraise the flop and get all-in, but if I make it 600 and he calls, he's left with a stack of 2100 and a pot of 1300. If I miss the turn or hit one of my overcards, it's definitely not an easy decision.