PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to make another poll so soon but regarding Aliens vs Bladerunner

Eihli
08-02-2005, 07:47 PM

imported_anacardo
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost.. in time, like tears.. in rain. Time... to die.

whiskeytown
08-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Trivia...

Rutger Hauer (Roy Batty) improvised the "Tears in the rain" bit of his final speech

In July 2000, director Ridley Scott said that Deckard is, in fact, a replicant.

Dominic
08-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Aliens is a great movie, but I actually prefer Alien to its sequals.

Blade Runner is a masterpiece.

Dominic
08-03-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Trivia...

Rutger Hauer (Roy Batty) improvised the "Tears in the rain" bit of his final speech

In July 2000, director Ridley Scott said that Deckard is, in fact, a replicant.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tad obvious if you've watched the film more than once - especially the Director's Cut.

I actually read the shooting script and it has Deckard's VO at the end actually SAYING he was a replicant...

Please don't get me started on Blade Runner - I wrote my Masters Thesis on it. I could bore everyone on 2+2 to tears with Blade Runner information.

fsuplayer
08-03-2005, 01:13 AM
i bought it, but havent watched it yet. dont know why, everyone says it rocks.

thats on my to-do list.

Eihli
08-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Please explain how anyone is suppose to know that Deckard is a replicant just from watching the director'c cut.

Dominic
08-03-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain how anyone is suppose to know that Deckard is a replicant just from watching the director'c cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.brmovie.com/FAQs/BR_FAQ_Deck-a-Rep.htm

mikeyvegas
08-03-2005, 02:53 AM
I watched Blade runner for the first time a few weeks ago and must see it was absolutely awful. One of the most overrated movies of all time.

Duke
08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the unicorn dream and the unicorn origami at the end of the film? That seals the deal by itself. There are a ton of other clues. I once wrote a paper in college about this exact topic. Not a master's thesis, but I too know more about this movie than is reasonable.

~D

diebitter
08-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Am I the only guy who prefers the original theatrical version of Blade Runner over the director's cut? (I like both versions a lot, but the original is a little in the lead for me)

Eihli
08-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Aliens is THE perfect sci-fi action/suspense film.

Dominic
08-03-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched Blade runner for the first time a few weeks ago and must see it was absolutely awful. One of the most overrated movies of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you, sir, are wrong. but go have fun and enjoy "Dumb &Dumber" again. I'm sure that is more your speed.

Bill Murphy
08-03-2005, 04:54 AM
I corrected the title of your post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dominic
08-03-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only guy who prefers the original theatrical version of Blade Runner over the director's cut? (I like both versions a lot, but the original is a little in the lead for me)

[/ QUOTE ]

no, there's actually a club whose members all enjoy the original version more, believe it or not....

I like them both too, but feel the director's cut is is more interesting...Deckard's Voiceover in the original version tells you what to think and doesn't let you make your own interpretations about what's going on, as does the DC.

mikeyvegas
08-03-2005, 05:03 AM
Hey man, I gave the movie a chance. One of my good friends has been bugging me for years to watch it because he thought it was a top 10 movie of all time. After watching it I got to thinking maybe it would have been a great movie to watch when it was first was released, kind of like star wars episode 4. I remember watching star wars as a kid and being blow away. When I sat down and watched it with my daughter a couple of years ago, she ended up being very underwelmed by the whole thing.

Dominic
08-03-2005, 05:23 AM
LOL...it's okay, you don't have to like it.

Bladerunner is one of those movies where you have to be completely uninterrputed to fully enjoy. In a movie theater is best, but a home theater system with a KICKASS sound system works, too. the sound editing and soundtrack by Vangelis is integral to the story.

If you're just watching it on a 32-inch TV with normal speakers I could understand you being underwhelmed by it - it loses a lot of its punch on the small screen.

Bill Murphy
08-03-2005, 05:59 AM
I've never seen the DC but consider the original a masterpiece. However, in all fairness and retrospect, HF's narration DOES seem a bit forced-studio inspired.

S'long as they didn't fvck w/any of Rutger's scenes it'll still be all good.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dominic
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen the DC but consider the original a masterpiece. However, in all fairness and retrospect, HF's narration DOES seem a bit forced-studio inspired.

S'long as they didn't fvck w/any of Rutger's scenes it'll still be all good.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, the VO was in the original script...Ridley Scott decided to use it, not the studio...legend has it that Harrison Ford hated the VO script and when he recorded it, tried to sound as deadpan as possible in order to sabotage the voice over....of course, that deadpan delivery is one of the reasons why so many people compare Blade Runner to film noir!

when Scott tinkered with a director's cut, he finally decided not to use any VO at all....I was fortunate to see a "middle" version at the Nuart in Los Angeles that incoporated some VO and had a different title sequence.