PDA

View Full Version : KK against a shortstacked player

cdxx
08-02-2005, 07:26 PM
The reason why I am posting this is the following. MP1 is extremely shortstacked (only 4.5 BB to start the hand) what do i do about that? it seemed that he did all the betting for me, but with KK i sure hope to put him all-in as soon as possible. should i be worried when he seems to be wanting to go all-in?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 bets, Hero raises, BB folds, MP1 calls (all-in)

River: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11 BB

shant
08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Shortstacked players are so fun to play against. They'll put in a lot of money with not a lot of hand, and if they actually do have a hand, you don't get burned.

Put him all in.

OddWorld
08-02-2005, 07:52 PM
When I'm playing with a short stack, the first thing i want to do is change the game to NL and get shorty to push all in, that way I don't have to think about how to play the flop, turn and river.
But, most importantly, what kind of read do you have on mp1?

benneh
08-02-2005, 08:02 PM
my guess is he has a flush draw or a dry queen on the flop. put him in and hope for the best. theres not much else you can do.

Harv72b
08-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Most small stakes players will go all in when they're that short with literally any pair, any draw, or even just an ace. So I'm not in the least bit worried about obliging him when I'm holding KK.

Like the others said, my goal the instant I see KK and he bets (raises) into me after a Q-high flop is to get him all in. It sucks if he did indeed suck out on you this time (I'm guessing he flopped a 4-flush?), but them's the breaks. On the bright side, you would've lost more money had he not been so short on chips.

08-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

It is unlikely that he has QQ and flopped a set since he did not raise freflop. He probably has a hand like QJ or QK and thinks that his top pair is good. Since he is shortstacked he is probably making his last stand with top pair. I do not think he is on a flush draw because he would not lead out at it on the turn. Looks like you played it right.

Where are results?

molawn2mo
08-02-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think he is on a flush draw because he would not lead out at it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain wrong. A short stack will lead the turn on a total bluff at this point. He is pot committed.

cdxx
08-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Q5s *shrug*