PDA

View Full Version : $109s - BB Trips/Full

Unarmed
08-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Villan is a LAG
This is mostly a what to bet on the river post. Villain has sh*t so I see no reason to blow him off the turn. (let me know if you disagree) River I want to bet an amount that looks like it doesn't want to be called while still leaving him room to come over the top of with air.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1335)
CO (t612)
Button (t1070)
SB (t765)
Hero (t985)
UTG (t2935)
UTG+1 (t1103)
MP1 (t1195)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t30</font>, Hero calls t30.

Turn: (t120) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t30</font>, Hero calls t30.

River: (t180) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: t380

ldavidjm
08-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Generally I raise the turn on hands like these to 100 or so to try and get some more value on it. I like the river bet because a lot of LAGs will figure you're bluffing them and look you up so I don't really think its too big.

I kinda wonder of the club scared him off or if he was just min betting with a bluff??? I don't mind the call on the turn cause I've seen a fair amount of aggressive players take the min bet min bet blasting bet on the river line, so I assume that's what you were going for. Too bad it didn't work out.

gumpzilla
08-02-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villan is a LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, really? I'd expect a LAGgy player to do more than minbet the turn, if not the flop (the pot on the flop was small, so that's not so strange.)

You certainly don't want to push him off his hand on the turn, but I also think that you can raise there without him putting you on a T. Also, once he minbets again on the turn, I'm not really expecting much in the way of a river bet out of him. Raise to 120 or so on the turn; he's more likely to hang around for a somewhat smaller bet on the turn where he has room to play back either on the turn or the river, in my opinion. Given his action and the rivered club I'm not holding out high hopes for extracting money from him, but getting to the river as you did I bet more like 125.

octaveshift
08-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Why no raise on the turn? Trying to trap?

The Yugoslavian
08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
If he really is LAG (which he appears *not* to be /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) then I like just calling on the turn to let him put in a sizable bluff on the river. However, since he doesn't I'd bet like 1/3 of the pot hoping to either get his A or 5 to call or let him come over the top of you to 'push' you around. If you aren't sure what type of reraise would indicate a flush on the river if you only bet 1/3 the pot then I'm fine with a larger bet (3/4 or so).

Yugoslav

gumpzilla
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't sure what type of reraise would indicate a flush on the river if you only bet 1/3 the pot then I'm fine with a larger bet (3/4 or so).

[/ QUOTE ]

He rivered a boat, so any and all river reraises by his opponent would be a godsend.

The Yugoslavian
08-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok, I like 1/3 of the pot anyway, /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Flushes will reraise your weakness and lessor hands will still give you value.

I'm getting sleepy since I'm coming down from the sugar high the chocolate gave me....mmm...chocolate.

I should just go get more, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav
Who really did read the HH...just forgot the hero had an 8...meh.

johnnybeef
08-02-2005, 08:22 PM
you could min bet this and not get paid.