PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 with TT

Sebster
08-02-2005, 05:15 PM
PP 22 level 3
7 players
Hero 750 chips in MP
Villian in BB with over 2k chips

If it was level 1 or 2 I would definitely have called with TT in that position but I felt that 50 chips was a bit much to call and most likely let go of but I didn't want to raise with the hand because I would be pretty pot committed so I decided to min raise to 100. BB calls and the flop is 7, K, J. I bet 100 and he calls. Turn is a blank. I check and he bets 200. I fold. How'd I play it? I was left with 600 chips after all this which instantly meant I was short stacked since the blinds went to level 4 shortly after.

TheSalche
08-02-2005, 05:33 PM
50 chips for a stack of 2K? thats nothing for him to call at all, gotta bump it at least to 200 and bet the flop hard and hope he has something like JQ and is forced to fold

quarkncover
08-02-2005, 05:50 PM
First of all, minraising opens up a world of danger, big stack is going to take a flop with many hands at level 3, particularly at the 22s. Even though the blinds go up next hand I think you need to play it much more aggressively. I like raising to 200 here or just limping and evualating a flop. Your betting patterns showed weakness and the BB seized that opportunity.