PDA

View Full Version : What's the beef Jeremy7321?

kipin
08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
In your post here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3032856&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) you claim [ QUOTE ]
not all gimmick accounts will be banned but those created today will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of accounts created before today are now being banned can we get a little clarification please? Will gimmick accounts created tomorrow be banned?

IndieMatty
08-02-2005, 05:05 PM
He also said to PM him with questions. Or did you miss that one?

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-02-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm...

No. Air it out all right here in The Tub.

kipin
08-02-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer a public discussion, I'm sure others have the same questions/concerns.

08-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel

IndieMatty
08-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Little life lesson: when asking for something from another person (in this case an explanation), who does not owe you anything, what YOU prefer doesn't mean [censored].

IndieMatty
08-02-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> shhh I'm just trying to suck up to the mods, I have like 20 gimmick accounts </font>

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> shhh I'm just trying to suck up to the mods, I have like 20 gimmick accounts </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> Bullshit. You're Jeremy. </font>

IndieMatty
08-02-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">Correct, I'm so going to ban you for cursing </font>

kipin
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Little life lesson: when asking for something from another person (in this case an explanation), who does not owe you anything, what YOU prefer doesn't mean [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this place? A dictatorship?

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">Correct, I'm so going to ban you for cursing

[/ QUOTE ] </font> [censored]!
<font color="white"> </font>

kipin
08-02-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW jeremy sent me a pm, I want to put it in the public domain, but am waiting on an "OK" from him.

IndieMatty
08-02-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this place? A dictatorship?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insert Manuel Noriega gimmick account here.

kerssens
08-02-2005, 05:19 PM
This controversy has unintentionally created one of the funnier days in this forum. Keep it up Jeremy?

kipin
08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
RE: gimmick accounts

[ QUOTE ]
the reason gimmicks from today will be banned is because there have been more than 20 created and the forum is not going to be overrun by a handful people creating as many gimmicks accounts as possible.

Your gimmick account was banned because it only serves to bump a thread. if you want to bump a thread you can do this yourself.

gimmick accounts that wany to pop in and leave a funny one liner here and there are fine. But this should be done sparringly and include some sort of substantive post beyond "brilliant" or "bump"

I hope that clears things up. I plan on deleting the thread please feel free to om me with further concerns or to tell me to [censored] off. I am fine with both, but I don't want threads being created with only that purpose.

Jeremy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to pass this message on to the rest of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free, however this will end my participation in the discussion as I do not wish to clog up the forum with any more of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

B Dids
08-02-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free, however this will end my participation in the discussion as I do not wish to clog up the forum with any more of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that 95% of the gimmic accounts are horrible and should die, but if the mods will explain to us, openning, what the rules are and how they're being enforced, it's pretty damn lame.

If you want to set a rule, set it, make it a sticky, and explain why. The mods shouldn't be ninja assassins working behind the scenes. They should be open and active in terms of trying to guide the tone of discussion.

trying2learn
08-02-2005, 05:27 PM
he takes himself VERY seriously. he'll fit in perfectly here.

kipin
08-02-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to set a rule, set it, make it a sticky, and explain why. The mods shouldn't be ninja assassins working behind the scenes. They should be open and active in terms of trying to guide the tone of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

Also your location sucks.

bd8802
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I still want to know how this new gimmick account policy is extrapolated from this:

[ QUOTE ]
This is an almost anything goes enviroment. Nonetheless, some things are never allowed, and other things should be avoided:

1) Don't circumvent the profanity filter.
2) Do not post any pictures which can get a person at work in trouble. You may post links to such pictures, but be sure you provide a nsfw warning.
3) The other terms and conditions basically apply; no slander for example.
4) Posts which are considered to be over the top in the offensiveness category, whether they be due to sexuality, bigotry, etc.. will probably be deleted. The decisions will be left up to the moderators and myself and as a result there may be some inconsistency. I and other moderators will strive for leniency, however.
5) In this forum, where judgement calls are being made, I suggest you save any post you believe is questionable. If a moderator takes action against you which you believe is unfair you can appeal to me by pm, or at mattysklansky@twoplustwo.com
6) It is our policy here to encourage vigorous debate and even fun. However, it is also our policy to demand that people be respectful to one another. In other words, just try to show a little common sense and decency.

That's it. I hope these brief and general guidelines will serve everyone well.

[/ QUOTE ]

trying2learn
08-02-2005, 05:37 PM
it's not.

the beauty of a mod-overkill.

meep_42
08-02-2005, 05:38 PM
MAD WITH POWAR~

-d

GimmickAcctJudge
08-02-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gimmick accounts that wany to pop in and leave a funny one liner here and there are fine. But this should be done sparringly

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha then why did mine get banned you sack munchers? basically you guys get to decide what's funny? in that case I have some suggestions.

CrazyEyez
08-02-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gimmick accounts that wany to pop in and leave a funny one liner here and there are fine. But this should be done sparringly

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha then why did mine get banned you sack munchers? basically you guys get to decide what's funny? in that case I have some suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, now we have some clear-cut, objective ground rules.
Funny and sparingly.
I anticipate no further confusion.

SmileyEH
08-02-2005, 05:49 PM
I think a lot of the appeal in gimmick acounts is making fun of the really retarded ones.

-SmileyEH

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-02-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the reason gimmicks from today will be banned is because there have been more than 20 created and the forum is not going to be overrun by a handful people creating as many gimmicks accounts as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is clearly in direct retribution to your sudden banning of gimmick accounts. You're only fanning the flames.

[ QUOTE ]
gimmick accounts that wany to pop in and leave a funny one liner here and there are fine. But this should be done sparringly and include some sort of substantive post beyond "brilliant" or "bump"

[/ QUOTE ]
These things are self-policing. When a gimmick sucks, and coming in too often is part of sucking, then they get berated and scorned by the general populace.

BusterStacks
08-02-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

Also your location sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's not really up to you. This is not a democracy, and even "because I said so" should be a good enough answer.

kipin
08-02-2005, 06:01 PM
RE: gimmickaccounts

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to point out that the ability to create gimmick accounts and make a post with it has be unaltered. Rather it is the ability to make subsequent posts which requires the use of discretion.

[/ QUOTE ]

B Dids
08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
If the goal is to establish a functional and respectful community "because I said so" only means that you'll have 300 threads about people pissed off at the mods.

Right now the current approach to moderation is not having the desired effect, and that's because the mods are not clearly establishing guidlines.

meep_42
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I've never once been to a message board where the mods didn't perform in concert with the Stanford prision experiment.

-d

BusterStacks
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the goal is to establish a functional and respectful community "because I said so" only means that you'll have 300 threads about people pissed off at the mods.

Right now the current approach to moderation is not having the desired effect, and that's because the mods are not clearly establishing guidlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even post in OOT other than to complain? Besides, OOT is a long way from "functional and respectful" and it's not the mods' fault.

ThaSaltCracka
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] And because people are whiny bitches that complain about everything. When you were a kid, did you complain when your pops took your toy away because you were misbehaving, because it wasn't fair? Come on people, half these accounts suck ass and they aren't funny. Essentially you are misbehaving because you are posting lame [censored], so POPS WILL [censored] SPANK YOU! DEAL WITH IT.

&lt;b dids, post not directed at you&gt;

touchfaith
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm undecided as to which is worse, whining and bitching, or sucking up to the mods...

Tough call.

John Bunnell
08-02-2005, 06:10 PM
A civilian should never interfere with the work of our trained professionals who have the knowledge and experience to keep their cool under even the most intense circumstances.

ThaSaltCracka
08-02-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm undecided as to which is worse, whining and bitching, or sucking up to the mods...

Tough call.

[/ QUOTE ]no one gives a [censored] what you think.

BusterStacks
08-02-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tough call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true.

RunDownHouse
08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm mostly with TSC on this one, although its important to note the distinction between saying, "Today we are going to clean house on the sucky gimmick accounts, sucky being defined as ____," and deleting the sucky gimmick accounts and then saying, "We cleared house on the sucky accounts because ____."

But I'm all for mods ruling with an iron fist.

touchfaith
08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tough call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, and judging from the reaction...nobody cares what you think either...

Go practice sucking tennis balls through a hose.

ThaSaltCracka
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
I think what the issue here is a lot of people legitimately thought they had funny accounts, but thats because they are idiots. Daryn said this a long time ago, 95% of the gimmick accounts sucked and today we are seeing that. Most of you suck at it(note: I don't even have one so that should tell you that I don't think I am good at them). People can call it ass kissing, but thats just because they are bitter. Get over it.

touchfaith
08-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Go home (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=sportevents) and argue with someone about the merits of bunting with the bases loaded and two outs or something.

2+2 wannabe
08-02-2005, 06:38 PM
95% of all accounts suck

that's what the ignore function is for

i, for one, would be happy getting relevant Homer Simpson quotes, seeing BrilliantIMO portray his brilliance, and Lisa Nolan bashing shawn_p

ThaSaltCracka
08-02-2005, 06:44 PM
no, 95% of all gimmick accounts suck. You must have misread my post.

[ QUOTE ]
that's what the ignore function is for

[/ QUOTE ] Of course, but when new ones come up every day and post once or twice, whats the point of ignoring them?

2+2 wannabe
08-02-2005, 06:46 PM
i meant that the percentage of gimmick accounts sucking isn't necessarily higher than the percentage of overall accounts in some people's opinions

oneeye13
08-02-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sack munchers?

[/ QUOTE ]

seems they are making them mods

wacki
08-02-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tough call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even recognize the name. 1000 posts and don't know him... how about that.