PDA

View Full Version : Whats the play

G Baade
08-02-2005, 04:58 PM
37 left in 50 buy in tourney. 20 get paid but no real money til final table.

Blinds 400-200

I am UTG 4300 little below average stack
MP1 5200
Button Chip leader with 12075

I limp with 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Mp1 Calls
Button raises 700

I call figuring him for 2 overs. He has raised here last 4 orbits and shown down K 10, J 10, Q 9 suited. He has also folded once in this same scenario when I reraised all in with JJ.

MP1 calls also. He hasn't played hardly at all so this scares me. I figure probably AK, AQ, or PP in the 5 thru 8 range. Last hand I remembered him playing he doubled up with 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB when he hit a set and played it very fast.

Flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Whats the play???

TomHimself
08-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Raise PF. I would just push on this flop. You could've also considered limp-reraising with your read on villian

dirty moose
08-02-2005, 05:09 PM
if you put him on 2 over cards, then you should push all your chips in the pot, if he wants to gamble thats his problem, you can only get the money in with the best hand.

When you just call PF you let MP1 in the hand as well, Lower PPs dont play well aganist multiple opponents, i would raise PF and push if i get raised

G Baade
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you put him on 2 over cards, then you should push all your chips in the pot, if he wants to gamble thats his problem, you can only get the money in with the best hand.[ QUOTE ]

Agreed! But what about that MP guy?

TomHimself
08-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I would say MP has flopped a set, thats why I think you have to raise PF.

Edit- Do you really think MP limps with AK? Maybee you can checkthe flop and see how fast he plays it if he played his 22 set fast last time

arcticfox
08-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Firstly after the limp and raise pre-flop you need to get all your chips in pre flop with just over 10x the BB and 2100 already in the pot when it gets back to you.

In terms of the flop, this is an ideal flop for 10 10, I'd check reraise all in as the button at the least is likely to try to steal this flop and you will have the best hand here the majority of the time.

whiskeytown
08-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I'd have probably raised preflop - TT is definately a raising hand -

but after the fact a push post flop is essential. No overcards is the best situation you could hope for on that flop.

RB

Benal
08-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Reraise allin preflop is the play. Limp reraising allin UTG with a short stack (10bb) just screams monster. I'd fold in a heartbeat if I were the button here.

Benal
08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but after the fact a push post flop is essential

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

G Baade
08-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I had plans for the reraise all in pre flop if button raised. The call by MP is what threw that plan for a loop.

As it turned out. I bet right out 1000. MP called and button folded. With that flop my 10's are usually golden so I [censored] my pants when MP called. I checked the brick turn and so did he. At that point I thought it was for sure either AK that whiffed or that lower PP. I figured any card that wasn't an A or K on the river and I am movin in. River was a 9 and I pushed. He insta calls and shows the boat with pocket 3's.

I should have pushed preflop. He would have never called with 3's. I was just worried about an UTG push and going into a coin flip with KJ. There had been a few people calling all ins with that type of hand. Only other way was if I raised something like 1000. That would have put 1600 in the middle with him having to call at 1/1.6. Button would have folded to that I am sure. As it were he had to call 700 to win 3200. Not necessarily the right odds to flop a set but, A) he could get away if it didnt set and still have a decent stack and B) if it did hit he could break me or double up thru button.

Thanks for the input!

Benal
08-02-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just worried about an UTG push and going into a coin flip with KJ

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU were worried about KJ calling you? You absolutly WANT KJ calling you here. This is how you win tournaments my friend.

G Baade
08-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Let me rephrase that. I had seen people calling all ins with KJ. With the whole table left to act I figured if I was called I would be a coin flip at best against something like KJ, or I could be in bad shape against something like JJ. Basically I just wasnt comfortable pushing UTG when I still had an OK stack.