PDA

View Full Version : Party $25 PLO

wuarhg
08-02-2005, 04:41 PM
7-handed, playing passive. This is my first session of PLO, coming from mostly a Limit SH background, so bare with me.

No player has really gotten out of line, they are calling down too liberally and not really betting top twopair at all.

Stack sizes don't really matter but UTG had $40, I had him covered and blinds had $25

I pick up Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG+1.

UTG raises to $0.5, I call (Should I reraise here?), SB calls, BB calls.

Flop 6/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to me, I bet the pot ($1.9), SB calls, BB calls.

Turn 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
They check to me, I check..

River 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB suddenly bets the pot ($7.35), BB folds, I think for a while and fold.

I really don't know anything about this game, is this standard?

adam74
08-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Based on what you've said about the players at the table, I think you were right to fold. If they're "not really betting top twopair at all", then the SB is unlikely to be betting into two players with anything less than a full house.

Pre-flop...I'd call here. I think the general advice would be to sometimes call, sometimes reraise in situations like this.

Flop...I think it's marginal to bet here against three opponents on a draw-heavy flop with only an overpair and back-door draws. Against two players I'd definitely bet.

Turn...if I'd bet the flop, and then picked up a diamond draw, I think I'd follow up with another bet here...not sure if it's such a good idea, though.

Lafortezza
08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd reraise preflop if I was in late position, an EP reraise is a little more marginal but probably fine.

My line would be check the flop and call depending on the action.
I'd lead out at the turn especially if the flop was checked around.
I think it's a safe enough fold on the river.