PDA

View Full Version : ITM from bubble %?

Back In Black
08-02-2005, 03:09 PM
What is a good/attainable # for this stat?
After 198 hands @ 33's and 55's, I'm at 71%. Is this good, bad, ok? What are some of you better players' %'s?

I just want to get a range of what I should be shooting for.

Superfluous Man
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
I get the feeling that this stat is fairly unimportant. I've been on a 40% ROI heater over my last 110 sngs or so, and mine is 71% for that stretch. At other times, when I was catching the bad side of variance, it was at something like 79%. Perhaps it wasn't as much variance as I thought, but rather weak-tight bubble play costing me money.

I suspect that this number is lower for people who are willing to gambool it up a bit on the bubble (and take advantage of weak-tight play) rather than sneak into the money. Furthermore, these people tend to have higher ROIs because they get a lot more 1sts and 2nds than 3rds. This post is disjointed and terrible, so I'll stop now.

45suited
08-02-2005, 03:32 PM
You'd also have to factor in the average # of chips that you have entering the bubble.

Overall I think that people are a little too hung up with every little statistic. Kind of like people complaining about their finish distribution when they have a very good ROI.

Plus, it takes so many games to get a meaningful sample, by the time you have a meaningful sample your game has probably changed anyway.