PDA

View Full Version : QQ Flops set- decision on turn

flair1239
08-02-2005, 02:05 PM
BB- slightly loose decent aggression. 30/7/2... really has not done anything stupid in the 30 or so hands I have been at the table.

UTG is the reason I am at the table.

Hero is UTG2 w black queens

PF: UTG limps, Hero raises, BB 3bets, UTG calls, Hero caps, all call

Flop: (12SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, UTG folds, Hero caps

Turn: (10.5 BB) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, hero calls with the intention of calling river.

The flop checkraise made me think that he wanted to be HU, which I felt meant the flop had hit him as well. I am not sure that he would 3-bet AQ Pre flop. I had been doing some isolating, so if he was a thinking player he might think I am raising light. But I really had not been caught doing anything dumb. Also, I am hesitant to give a semi-unknown with LAG tendencies credit for being a thinking player.

The turn check-raise really bothered me. I did not really consider folding, but I though further aggression was foolish.

Maybe he is semi-bluffing with TT, maybe he flopped a set of jacks, at this point I really don't see AK or AQ. I also don't see him three-betting PF with KQ or QJ

In my mind it is AA or KK. I hate to get that narrow, but I think the action justifies the read.

But at the same time I can't find a fold.

Thoughts.

Paxosmotic
08-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I really want to cap this one and bet/call the river (or call if he leads). What's a reasonable 3-bet range for Villain? AA-99, AKs/o, AQs? We're ahead of everything he could hold except for KK, and he was already plenty excited about his hand on the flop before the K fell. I just can't put him on a KK yet. If he caps the turn I'll slow down on the river.

meep_42
08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
I think I want 2 more bets in this one, if I can... not for any rational reason, just because I think you're ahead here a good bit, but a cap on the turn would suck. I vote for calling and donkbetting the river. :P But, i'd probably play the same as you can call-check/call (3-betting out of the BB in a SH pot usually implies a cap-worthy hand, and AK isn't going this wild here...)

-d

callmedonnie
08-02-2005, 02:23 PM
I think I prefer a call on the flop, and then pull the old stop and go on him on the turn.

If he three bets this turn, I'm praying he as AK and not KK. In fact I'm praying he has anything but KK. You better not find a fold. Ever.

As for capping turn, I'm not sure.

chief444
08-02-2005, 02:27 PM
No way can you fold this. He has KK or JJ a lot here and you're 50/50. Maybe a little better with the slight possibility of an overplayed AK/AA. He's not 3-betting AT preflop. But certainly you can't fold. At this point though I don't see any reason to raise either.

peterchi
08-02-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I prefer a call on the flop, and then pull the old stop and go on him on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesn't make any sense.

i don't know what you're proposing. you can't pull a stop-n-go, because you are last to act.

callmedonnie
08-02-2005, 03:21 PM
my bad. i meant i prefer to call, let him lead again so you can raise. sacrifice a small bet on flop to get an extra bb on the turn.