PDA

View Full Version : So How to Start?

Damian UK
08-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi There

have read homers guide on here and been to bonuswhores website and have just about figured this out (its only taken me nearly a year to realise you can make money at whoring!).

Ok I have about a $200 bankroll which aint replacable yet (baby on the way) and I am looking at building this up - I am a decent amateur (i.e dont raise A 10 offsuit UTG) who has played mainly SNG and MTT's - I am not so hot at ring games - so I want to build my bankroll without losing it. Many sites require 200 r/h at .25/.50 - is my bankroll big enough? if not how much do I need?

Any starting sites would be great as well - i am already on bet365, sporting odds and Vic chandlers

cheers

Damian

krimson
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have read homers guide on here and been to bonuswhores website

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were true you wouldn't have had to post this.

jmrogers7
08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I see the dickiness that pollutes the Zoo has quickly migrated over to this forum.

bosoxfan
08-02-2005, 03:19 PM
To whore at poker sites you need to learn limit ring games. Start at the very small limits at a place like stars or paradise and work your way up. When you are comfortable playing .50/1.00 you will be ready to whore like a champ.

JimGil
08-03-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(i.e dont raise A 10 offsuit UTG)

[/ QUOTE ]

...depending on the game, raising A-10 UTG can be +EV...

Dave H.
08-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Give the .25/.50 games a shot at Paradise and/or Pacific (Pacific has some lousy software but the players are SOOO loose!), work your way to AT LEAST $300, and then try the .50/$1 at Party (with bonuses and rakeback, of course).

As I recall, you can clear bonuses pretty easily at Paradise at the .25/.50 tables and at least there you can 3 table, although I wouldn't recommend that (3 tabling) until you're comfortable with ring games.

Note: if you fail at the .25/.50 games (like go down to $100 for example), I'd move down to the .10/.20 games and say "screw the bonuses for now". Losing 200 big bets (going from $200 to $100) can surely happen because of variance, but you said you couldn't replace your roll, so I'd move down if variance (or perhaps bad play?) hit me that hard.

Good luck!

Damian UK
08-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the positive responses will have a go at the low limit ring games on the sites suggested thats the sort of practical info I need.

Oh, and for those two who took the piss with a new poster (me BTW if your are too thick to figure it out), cheers much appreciated - glad to see you are sooooo bored and small minded you can only show your intelligence by being moronic - why bother posting if I am not worth your time?

Damian