PDA

View Full Version : board shows nut straight, opponent all-in

08-02-2005, 01:44 PM
HERO holds 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif,K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PRE-FLOP
Four limpers, plus SB, and BB.

FLOP [board cards Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,A/images/graemlins/club.gif,10/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
SB bets $0.50, BB folds, UTG calls, HERO calls, Rest fold.

TURN [board cards Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,A/images/graemlins/club.gif,10/images/graemlins/heart.gif,J/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
SB bets $0.50, UTG calls, HERO bets $5, SB calls $4.50, UTG folds.

RIVER [board cards Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,A/images/graemlins/club.gif,10/images/graemlins/heart.gif,J/images/graemlins/club.gif,K/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
SB bets $43.40 and is all-in, Hero folds.

I am correct in folding here, right? At best I split and there is non-zero probability of a runner runner flush (or even straight flush).

Voltron87
08-02-2005, 01:45 PM
fold this, youre either splitting 2 bucks or losing 40

TheWorstPlayer
08-02-2005, 01:48 PM
It is a good exercise to see how often you need to be splitting to make this a call.

kingofswing
08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
By SB's line, I don't think he has the flush. Would he play Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif this way? Wouldn't he check the turn and fold to a big bet? Looks more like a frustrated flopped straight.

Anyway, the real issue is that the pot is not $2, it's like $12. So you are giving away the $5 you bet on the turn. If you can live with that, fine, but it's not nothing. I probably fold here because I am weak-tight, but I think calling could very well be right. I mean why would someone who made a straight flush bet like that? Why not value bet and get some callers? Why would a flush play it like that?

TheWorstPlayer
08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would a flush play it like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
To make it look like a steal.

kingofswing
08-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Why would the SB have played two clubs that way? What do you put him on?

TheWorstPlayer
08-02-2005, 02:00 PM
SB probably has two hearts or a weak ace. I'm probably calling here.

kingofswing
08-02-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB probably has two hearts or a weak ace. I'm probably calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, if this were another one of the players, I can fold. But why would the SB lead out and play this hand this way? It really doesn't make sense that he has clubs...

08-02-2005, 02:54 PM
The only clubs hand I could see is Qx clubs (x lower than 10). I think he might play that hand this way

08-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I was almost certain that we would have split. The spade flush just didn't make sense. BUT is it worth risking $43 to win $6 (after accounting for rake) from the split? I don't think so.