PDA

View Full Version : Omaha blind vs. blind.

Entity
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Playing at Stars $25 (.10/.25) tables. I'm sitting with around $29, my opponent in this hand is the SB. He's got around $10. He's new to the table.

It's folded to him and he opencompletes. I check with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

The flop is 9/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif. He bets the pot.

Any plans?

Rob

RickyG
08-02-2005, 01:30 PM
depends on how much you want the $0.97 cents that are in there. Because it is cheap I might reraise pot, as there is a good chance he is bluffing since it is head up. if he reraises you or calls you are done with the hand.

Ricardo

Tilt
08-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I'd just muck it. With his short stack you'll end up committed too quick to play games with it. He's probably not open completing on a short stack if he plans to be a bully. If he is going to be aggro youll have better places to make a stand.

adam74
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I think I call the 50 cents. There's enough of a chance he's bluffing, or betting two-pair or a set, to make it worthwhile.

I'd prefer to keep the pot small and to see the turn card and how he responds to it, rather than being aggressive and raising on the flop.

Maybe you can back into a full house or a straight flush. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beset7
08-02-2005, 09:19 PM
I'd call and then c/r the turn unless it pairs. If he pushes back I fold; if he calls I check behind on the river.

beset7
08-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Ignore my last post I was half-asleep.

Call and then raise 1/2 pot on the turn. Fold to a raise and make a blocking bet or check on the river if called.

I am more aggressive about taking down a lot of small pots then many posters here though.

08-03-2005, 12:27 AM
He either has you drawing dead or you have him drawing (nearly) dead. I say find out where your at right away. Raise the flop. If he calls your done with the hand. Waiting to the turn is raise is too expensive.
Another possible line is to call the flop, check the turn and fold to a bet on the turn.

Its likely that he is just making a continuation bet on the flop and will check the turn if he doesnt have it. If you check again, he (relatively small chance) try to make you fold a small flush holding nothing.

Lafortezza
08-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Fold.

Ribbo
08-03-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can i sit in your games please?