PDA

View Full Version : KQs (6max) - I cap PF, and butcher it post-flop

Bradyams
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
<font color="blue">First, I'm sorry about not using the converter, it wouldn't work at all. I formatted it the best I could.

Second, no strong reads yet. I know that SB loves to take shots at scare cards. He's check raised me when 3 to a flush have hit the board, and all he had was Jack high. The rest so far seem to be typically weak-tight.

Not sure if capping with KQs was correct here, but I just wanted to build a large pot with my strong hand, and take control of the hand. I know I completely butchered this postflop. So tell me how bad it is.

Easy river bet? (notice the board is double-paired)</font>

Holdem Normal $1/$2 6 max

BRADY - Pocket [Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
BRADY - Raises $1 to $2
MP - Folds
CO - Raises $2 to $3
Button - Folds
SB - Calls $2.50
BB - Calls $2
BRADY - Raises $1 to $4
CO - Calls $1
SB - Calls $1
BB - Calls $1
*** FLOP [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,3/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif] *** <font color="blue">4 players, 16 SB</font>
SB - Checks
BB - Checks
BRADY - Checks
CO - Checks
*** TURN [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,3/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ***<font color="blue">4 players, 16 SB</font>
SB - Checks
BB - Checks
BRADY - Checks
CO - Bets $2
SB - Calls $2
BB - Folds
BRADY - Calls $2
*** RIVER [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,3/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] *** <font color="blue">3 players, 11 BB</font>
SB - Folds <font color="blue">Hahahaha!</font>
BRADY?

irishpint
08-02-2005, 12:47 PM
i think it looks fine. i dont bet the flop or the turn either- no one is going to fold and we have K high- no bueno. The river is an interesting card. Judging by the PF action and the lack of flop or turn action (a bet and 2 calls isn't much) I think there is a pretty good chance we're going to be good here. With that said, I dont know if it's better to bet/call or c/c. C/C looks ok to me, because if we bet, CO raises and shuts out BB then we've lost an overcall and we might be behind....

Bradyams
08-02-2005, 12:48 PM
BB folded on the turn. After SB open-folds, it's HU between CO and me.

irishpint
08-02-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB folded on the turn. After SB open-folds, it's HU between CO and me.

[/ QUOTE ]

right...you know there is a converter....

i'd just lead then. i'd say there is a great chance he has a higer PP or an A and thinks his hand is good and will call a bet. If he raises I still think we call since I dont know how an 8 or 3 makes its way into his hand after how he played PF. I don't like the idea of c/r since I don't know how often he'll bet this river, since he's most likely thinking it'll be a split (i only see him betting w/ 99&lt;)

Fantam
08-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I am not overkeen on your check/calling on both the flop and turn.

I would have bet the flop with your OC and BDF draw. I think that the pot was big enough to justify a continuation bet.

I also would have bet the turn for the same reason as the flop. If anyone 3-bet (suggesting possible trip 8's), I would have called because you still had the 2nd nut flush draw.

I would have felt inclined to check/call the river after CO had bet the turn, because otherwise you would have risked being raised if CO had the full-house.

Also check/calling would have been more likely to gain you overcalls if your hand was best (assuming that CO bet).

Bradyams
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
First, I'm sorry about not using the converter, it wouldn't work at all. I formatted it the best I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

deception5
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Given the preflop 3-bet it would be very hard to put CO on an 8 or a 3 here, so I think he's either expecting to split with another ace or has an overpair. I can't imagine him betting with an ace here though as anything that's going to call him is beating or splitting with him so I think you have to bet as it's likely he'd call with ace high and possibly raise with an overpair like AA/KK.

deception5
08-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I like the flop check btw. No point in betting out here as you have very few outs, are almost always behind, and everyone has odds to call.

McGahee
08-02-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Easy river bet? (notice the board is double-paired)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. (It doesn't matter).
I like your play on every street.

irishpint
08-02-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
First, I'm sorry about not using the converter, it wouldn't work at all. I formatted it the best I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i was giving an excuse for my reading error. dont take it personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bradyams
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm not, just pointing it out. Didn't know if you saw it or not.

Henke
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure about capping pf with KQs... Since SB and BB both called, there might be some value to it, but if your hand is dominated, it's no good unless you think that you can make CO fold a better hand by taking command.

On the flop, I would bet for three reasons:
1. You capped pf, showing more strength than you actually have.
2. Your read on your opponents was that they where mostly weak tight. If you make some or all of them fold, they are probably making a mistake.
3. The pot is huge. If CO would raise you, he might drive SB and BB out, which is probably ok given the pot size, but then you're mostly hoping he's got 99-JJ... If CO would fold, great! You then got the button, and might take a free card if both SB and BB stays with you.

Since you didn't bet the flop, I don't see much good in betting the turn. Sometimes however, I have noticed that I get more respect from my opponents when I check a flop that missed me (after raising pf). They seem to believe that I'm slowplaying some big pair... If they are that kind of opponent, betting the turn might be OK...

On the river, I think you have to bet. Your hand will be best approximately 99.5% of the time, but I think there are many hands he will check beind, after trying to push you out on the turn. He might bet AK for value, but then he might not call your c/r.

irishpint
08-02-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not, just pointing it out. Didn't know if you saw it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got it. sorry to distract the thread, i think this is an interesting hand. i've already stated my thoughts- good flop check, good turn call hopefully good river bet/call.

POKhER
08-02-2005, 01:21 PM
*grunching*
Preflop: Its ok, Although i dont cap KQs due domination from premium(AK/AQ hands).

Flop: I bet the flop, Call a raise.
Turn: Call but you may have Equity Edge here if they both call.
River: Check/Call i suppose. Pity FH is likly.

Nice hand.

--------------------------

After reading the responses i suppose free turn card is ok, Maybe im just to aggressive.

@bsolute_luck
08-02-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: Check/Call i suppose. Pity FH is likly

[/ QUOTE ]

3-handed (especially with SB open folding), there is no way someone has a full house. bet that junk.