PDA

View Full Version : QQ in MP, ok line?

08-02-2005, 12:27 PM
50/1 Full Ring

I have no real reads on villain.

I'm in MP (162.75) w/QQ. Villain is UTG+1 (93.50) and raises to 4. I call (reraise?), as does UTG.

Flop: 6S 2H 3C (3 players/14.50)

UTG checks, Villain bets 10. I raise to 24. UTG folds, Villain calls 14.

Turn: JC (2 players/62.50)
Villain checks, I check as well--wasn't sure if I should've fired another barrel here--

River 7S (2 players/62.50)

Villain bets 15, I call.

Comments---I guess this hand is very player dependent but any advice appreciated...

Macedon
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I would have raised his bet to $10 pre-flop.
If he calls your raise and checks on the flop fire again (2/3 of pot) on the junk board.

Since you didn't raise pre-flop but DID raise on the flop, i would have bet 1/2 the pot on the turn. (If he has overcards, he just might put you on a set of 6's and fold. Crazy things like this do happen) If he comes over the top of you, seriously consider folding. If he calls, hope he checks on the river.

What did he have? AKs?
Tens?
Jacks for a set?

08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
nah, he rivered a set, 77. guess this hand isn't all that interesting.

srm80
08-02-2005, 04:40 PM
why let him see a river for free when he only called your big raise after the flop? with a flush and a possible straight draw I am betting like 30 - 40 on the turn

swolfe
08-02-2005, 04:46 PM
stats on villain? calling or reraising preflop with QQ is opponent dependant for me. if he's a tight raiser (<=5), then i like your play through the entire hand.

if he's a loose raiser, i'd repop preflop to about $15.

the 9
08-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Bet half the pot on the turn, if you get raised in this spot, dump it. If you get called on the turn, check behind on the river or a call a smallish bet if he leads.

I don't really like a raise on the flop of 623R if I've limped preflop, I'd call the flop and raise a non-ace/king turn to keep the pot smaller and make my turn decisions easier.
I can't see how raising the flop defines villain hand any better, other than he probably has a PP if he calls and folds overcards. If you had just called, you may also have got another barrel from overcards or another bet from 77-JJ depending on the turn card.

ryanghall
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
I agree with this completely. If he's a reasonably tight raiser I like how you played the hand.

Ryan

DoomSlice
08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I fire turn for 30-40, check through on river.

amoeba
08-02-2005, 06:08 PM
you played it fine.

turn is a bad card to fire on.

the 9
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
turn is a bad card to fire on

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain

amoeba
08-02-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn is a bad card to fire on

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no draws we really have to protect against. ok, there is possibility of AK but most AKs don't call that flop raise. I think flop should be raised to a bit more like 30 to fully remove the possibility of AK here.

so on the turn, given no reads, I put him on 99-AA as I don't think AK calls the flop raise.

I am behind JJ AA KK, and ahead of 99 and TT. so once against way ahead or way behind.

if I check, he might put me on a 6, 77, or 88, and bet the river thinking that the J over scared me since I checked the turn. If I bet, I think 99 and TT folds.

The times I catch the 2 Q outs to beat JJ-AA is equalized by the times an underpair hits their 2 outer the difference being I'm stacking JJ-AA but underpair who hits a set on the river is not going to stack me as they'll likely value bet the river with the weakness I've shown.

the 9
08-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi amoeba,

[ QUOTE ]
so on the turn, given no reads, I put him on 99-AA as I don't think AK calls the flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure AA/KK calls the flop raise and checks the turn at this level. The reason I bet the turn is for info to see if he has JJ or flopped a set.

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet, I think 99 and TT folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has AK/77-TT we're not getting any more action out of him unless he hits the river anyway, so I'd rather just take it now.
I don't like giving a free card to a hand that can't even really call a valuebet without improving, unless it's a more laggy opponent who might bluff at it.

JM2c