PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on this play

mslif
08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
This is the first time I post a hand, hopefully it will be clear enough.
I got called some pretty bad names for playing this hand, please tell me what I did wrong and what you would have done:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: I am BB with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, Button calls, everybody else folds.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, UTG goes all in and button folds.
I go all in (I am the chip leader)

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
River: k /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG gets pissed and shows me his AA and tell me that I am an idiot and I should have never played my 4s.

DemonDeac
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
all-ins??? wtf is this?
i dont understand the allin stuff. ur chipleader?

need more info

mslif
08-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I called. Better?

thejameser
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Uh, wrong forum.

sean c
08-02-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I called. Better?

[/ QUOTE ]

No your heading says this is a 2/4 limit game and your post indicates you are playing in a nl tourney.

Harv72b
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Is this NL? Tournament? What are the stack sizes?

This is a limit, cash game forum. If this hand is from a NL tournament, it should be posted on the MTT forum (or the SNG forum if it was a sitngo). And wherever you post it, people will need more information to give you an educated response.

callmedonnie
08-02-2005, 01:23 PM
You are in the wrong forum. However, you should have posted chip stacks, position, and the betting for each round.

Also, do you always listen to what your opponents tell you? While he may in fact be right, his pissed his Aces got cracked. A good player would be pissed, but not lecture you as he realizes that he will win more often that not off of bad play. Going all in their as chip leader might be correct if Aces has few chips. If he has 1/2 your stack it is a horrible play. 1/4 and not a good one. and so on.

PokerGoblin
08-02-2005, 04:17 PM
hey,

I am going to assume this is a 2/4 cash game like it says in the OP. Do you mean you are the chip leader between your opponent?

None the less if you are the BB w/ 44 and no one raises preflop you have no idea where you opponent is. But you are getting a free look at the flop. Nothing wrong there.

Leading out into two opponents on this flop isn't horrible, no one has shown any strength. But, you are out of position, so the action you get will determine if you are behind.

He raised the rest of his chips and you called a partial bet. Nothing wrong with that. You're getting the turn, river and showdown for less than one small bet. There's a small chance he has just a flushdraw (and probably at least one overcard), in which case it's about a coinflip.

Most people don't limp AA from UTG, so he's the douchebag who [censored] up. Nice suckout.

PG