PDA

View Full Version : HOH volume III?

08-02-2005, 11:25 AM
I recently finished reading HOH Vol II, and at the end, I noted that he's planning on putting together a Vol III, which is going to be mostly a workbook of problems taken from major tournaments, which should really put knowledge/concepts learned to the test, and I think it's a fantastic idea.

One idea that I had the other night is that instead of having it as a workbook, what if it came as a software package, where you actually make the bets, and the other players respond to those bets (if you bet X, they fold, bet Y, they call, bet Z, they raise, etc), while the book offers commentary on the actual hands played.

As much as I loved HOH vols 1 and 2, it's quite easy to go up to a problem, propose a play, then read Harrington's commentary, and say to yourself, "Oh, that makes sense, I guess I should make a note of that" and totally miss the point of the exercises. Having an interactive method to place your bet and actually get a response could be much more valuable.

This is my first time posting on here, and I hope I don't get lambasted for the idea.

Cheers!