PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Circuit San Diego tonight

MrTop
08-02-2005, 11:16 AM
It's on tonight on ESPN at 9:00 EST. Isn't this the one with Jesus vs Prahlad? Should be an interesting watch.

ligastar
08-02-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's on tonight on ESPN at 9:00 EST. Isn't this the one with Jesus vs Prahlad? Should be an interesting watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Other final table participants include Chad Brown and Robert Williamson III.

Greg H.

mshalen
08-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Chad seems to catch a lot of flack here BUT he keeps showing up on TV. Hmmmmmmm

08-02-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He played terrible at the televised final of the Atlantic City Circuit event. He obviously knows how to play well to keep reaching final tables in WSOP events and WSOP circuit events but that particular table he was awful.

08-02-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He played terrible at the televised final of the Atlantic City Circuit event. He obviously knows how to play well to keep reaching final tables in WSOP events and WSOP circuit events but that particular table he was awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. He overplayed his middle pair, shall we say, a little too far?

McGahee
08-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Who had the 'under' at 5.3 seconds on Norman Chad's first marriage joke?

DemonDeac
08-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Jesus with the "I'm not" Catholic. he looked pissed

graydot
08-02-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a little smirk, was kidding.

Is he athiest?

DemonDeac
08-02-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a little smirk, was kidding.

Is he athiest?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea

Ghazban
08-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I think I played 1/2 NL at Foxwoods with the 'big daddy from Cincinnati' guy who keeps singing. He was very entertaining to have at the table (was also the only guy at the table who didn't completely suck at poker).

billyjex
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
i hope prahlad never "raps" again

-Skeme-
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Wow. Spirit Rock is such a douche. Seriously.

cold_cash
08-02-2005, 09:30 PM
If I ever get the urge to "freestyle" on national TV, I would appreciate it if one of you guys would cut my tongue out before I make a complete gonad of myself.

Thanks in advance.

belloc
08-02-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skeme-
08-02-2005, 09:32 PM
I can't believe the most feared NLHE player on the net is such a tool shed.

lighterjobs
08-02-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just dissapointed they didn't mention spirit rock in the nuts nickname segment.

sekrah
08-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Terrible call by Williamson..

Lay it down, big man, lay it down.

billyjex
08-02-2005, 09:36 PM
while it is hard for me to judge without knowing chip sizes/pot size, etc, laying down that hand when you are very committed against an EXTREMELY aggressive player like Prahlad would be difficult.

sekrah
08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Just from the looks of it, it seemed like Williamson had alot of chips behind when he made that call and he knew he was beaten.

graydot
08-02-2005, 09:43 PM
how did he get to the river with 65 against QQ? You would think QQ would bet enough to knock people from straights a flush draws.

I said hold'em and i bet most people agree

Ghazban
08-02-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how did he get to the river with 65 against QQ? You would think QQ would bet enough to knock people from straights a flush draws.

I said hold'em and i bet most people agree

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty impossible to make the decision without seeing the action up to the river.

ClassicBob
08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Pretty sure that the situations are made up/spliced together from other footage.

Smarty
08-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Anyone else predict SR's push about 15 seconds before he did it?

DyessMan89
08-02-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I saw it coming.

DyessMan89
08-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Jesus has quads, and I love the way hes betting this.

Wow, Im suprised he lost that little with that hand. Good judgement there not losing all your chips. I would have lost them all.

lighterjobs
08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus has quads, and I love the way hes betting this.

[/ QUOTE ]

he played it perfectly.

Jooka
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
wow, cant believe he lost that little, not sure there are many out there who dont go broke on that hand.

Ghazban
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
That was a great play by Prahlad to:
-- not push
-- not instantly call with the 2nd nuts heads up

DyessMan89
08-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Prahlad lost the event, gambling on his flush draw, but he gained my respect. He played great throughout the entire tournament, especially the final table. Nice to see Jesus win, atleast hes not another asian canadian.

TomHimself
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
so prahlad screenname is spirit rock, does he have any others?

TomCollins
08-02-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So nice to see him lose.

billyjex
08-02-2005, 10:09 PM
i believe he recently changed it mahatma.. not 100% sure.

cwsiggy
08-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Mahatma supposedly on UB and I think it's still Prefontaine on Stars.

Army Eye
08-02-2005, 10:14 PM
The 'hold'em fold'em' segments, with Ferguson in the fridge, are the most thrilling parts of these shows. It's the only time you get to see flop play.

-Skeme-
08-02-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so prahlad screenname is spirit rock, does he have any others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mahamta and Spirit Rock on UB. I believe he might be Zweig or Sweig on Prima, and he's Prefontaine for sure on Stars. He doesn't play very often, though.

pokerdirty
08-02-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 'hold'em fold'em' segments, with Ferguson in the fridge, are the most thrilling parts of these shows. It's the only time you get to see flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

who thought that they should have shown a hand with jesus, where he told the guy to fold em, and yet jesus ends up calling a bet and losing? this would have been my dream in life to see that happen.

Notorious G.O.B.
08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As Barry Greenstein noted in another thread, Chad's play in that hand, while it looked pretty goofy, was based on previous experience with Tran, where he had raised a small amount preflop with a silly hand, then kept on firing at the pot. If you look at Brown's record on the Hendon Mob site, you'll note that he's had a lot of tourny success in the last couple years.

ClaytonN
08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
In regards to the Robert Williamson hand, he had about 225k behind to start it, made a 25k raise preflop, and raised to ~150k or so on the flop after Prahlad made a 3/4 pot lead on the flop (~50k).

This meant Williamson had 50k chips left, and there was easily +350k in the pot. With blinds at 4k-8k it's understandable to see why he called, but he admitted on the program he overplayed it.

Kevmath
08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
They should've shown a hand with Jesus, and then have some other pro make a special guest appearance in the fridge. That would've made a great commercial.

Uppercut
08-02-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As Barry Greenstein noted in another thread, Chad's play in that hand, while it looked pretty goofy, was based on previous experience with Tran, where he had raised a small amount preflop with a silly hand, then kept on firing at the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the repeat of this hand tonight, and the announcers made it clear that Chad Brown limped in for T12,000 with his KTs. That is one reason why so many others followed him into the pot. He then called off 70% of his chips with 2nd pair.

Notorious G.O.B.
08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I watched the repeat of this hand tonight, and the announcers made it clear that Chad Brown limped in for T12,000 with his KTs. That is one reason why so many others followed him into the pot. He then called off 70% of his chips with 2nd pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's hard to say how well or poorly he played, since we know what the hole cards are. The fact is that Chad had a specific read on Tran, he went with it, and it didn't work out. Am I crazy about the way he played the hand? No. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, considering his previous results.

Drscheist
08-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I think C. Brown is a great player...Just curious to know what suggestions anyone might have as to how to play that hand differently. I think the flat call on flop of HTran's bet is reasonable given:
the size of the pot
all the people behind him yet to act
and the fact that HTran could very well have been raising with two suited cards like AK, AJ, JT, or could be on flush/straight draw.
The turn play seems to me to have lacked good judgment. Tran's wacky play had him guessing; IMO he should have reevaluated his situation on the turn a bit more carefully, instead he seemed to have "guessed" off all his chips. Huge moment on that final table.

08-03-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yo you best not be hatin son, aight? best check ya self

NLfool
08-03-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yo you best not be hatin son, aight? best check ya self

[/ QUOTE ]

haha the difference between guys and girls.

I even know the lore of spirit rock which I don't totally believe. but the white guy rap was so f$#%ing bad I'd still laugh at him even if he won 3 bracelets next year.

My girlfriend and her friends were over, saw that white guy rap and thought he was the hottest thing they've seen in poker. Oh the female mind is so not readable as they also think "the magician" is so 1.4 LOL.

burningyen
08-03-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i believe he recently changed it mahatma.. not 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's now playing as Aplusgame247 on UB.

lighterjobs
08-03-2005, 04:12 AM
does anyone else think spirit rock looks like christopher knight from the brady bunch?

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/tournamentgallery/wsop/2003prahlad-friedman.jpg

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/celebpics/christopher_knight7.jpg

Rosie5
08-03-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So nice to see him lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

his interviews on ESPN are like when jessica simpson got her own sitcom and everyone saw how unintelligent she is. Now we get to see how lame Prahlad is.

Just utter embarassment

I'm SO thankful that there are people who are his equal or better lurking the 50/100 NL now.

curtains
08-03-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I saw it coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did too especially since every single hand involves someone pushing. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out with these stupid 1 hour shows. They should start with the final 6 players and show more hands ala WPT, or go back to the 2 hour show format, as the first circuit event was actually entertaining to watch.

curtains
08-03-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As Barry Greenstein noted in another thread, Chad's play in that hand, while it looked pretty goofy, was based on previous experience with Tran, where he had raised a small amount preflop with a silly hand, then kept on firing at the pot. If you look at Brown's record on the Hendon Mob site, you'll note that he's had a lot of tourny success in the last couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon dont be naive Notorious, obviously Chad Brown is a stupid donkey who was lucky to get to the final table and can't play a lick of poker after overplaying his middle pair. It's clear to me and most of this forum that he's just a terrible player.

curtains
08-03-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Terrible call by Williamson..

Lay it down, big man, lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

no comment

Quercus
08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I saw it coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did too especially since every single hand involves someone pushing. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out with these stupid 1 hour shows. They should start with the final 6 players and show more hands ala WPT, or go back to the 2 hour show format, as the first circuit event was actually entertaining to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, these one hour pushfests are completely lame.

My dear wife is forced to watch pretty much every poker show on the planet with me. She actually likes the shows, but for a somewhat different reason than me. For her, its about the drama. It takes time to build a little drama and when a player is getting knocked out every hand, you never get a chance to know anyone. Its just so many paper targets being shot down by a deck of cards.

I'll watch anything with poker in it (including Poker Royale, God help me), but I suspect there are at least as many viewers with her profile as mine.

SonOfWestwood
08-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Did anyone happen to catch the dialog that took place after this hand between the two, as Williamson was leaving? I turned away for a few seconds and caught the tail end of it and it looked like Williamson said something that made Prahlad a little testy.

AaronO
08-03-2005, 11:40 AM
I think he said something along the lines of "I figured I was way behind or you had a gutshot, because you would have played them both the same way. But I had to call because I had too much in the pot." Didn't seem like either were testy to me, but I might have missed something.

unfrgvn
08-03-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone happen to catch the dialog that took place after this hand between the two, as Williamson was leaving? I turned away for a few seconds and caught the tail end of it and it looked like Williamson said something that made Prahlad a little testy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think so, what I heard is Williamson second guessing his call and I think Prahlad said he(Prahlad) would have played a gutshot the same way. That comment surprised me but Robert seemed to say "yeah, I know".

TransientR
08-03-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else think spirit rock looks like christopher knight from the brady bunch?

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/tournamentgallery/wsop/2003prahlad-friedman.jpg

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/celebpics/christopher_knight7.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no.....

Frank

Sponger15SB
08-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh man that rap was the gayest [censored] i've ever heard in my life. I now feel dumber for having listened to it.

NLfool
08-03-2005, 04:55 PM
naw he said friedman would play a pair plus a gutshot the same way

Quicksilvre
08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I gotta disagree. I certainly wouldn't define Brown as a "great" player, but he has some impressive results (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=6954). My guess is that he just goofed up. I'm not going to say he sucks on the basis of one hand.

PukaPlaya
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man that rap was the gayest [censored] i've ever heard in my life. I now feel gayer for having listened to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP