PDA

View Full Version : NL Hold Em' vs. Stud/Omaha/Razz SnGs

Drizztdj
08-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Do players here find playing SnGs other then NLHE to be more profitable?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Maulik
08-02-2005, 10:12 AM
you can usually autopilot NLHE, because you are dealt holecards, whereas in other where there is no community cards it is much more diffcult to make automatic decisions.

benza13
08-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Nope, they are not more profitable. Even if you can boost your ROI and ITM numbers, your hourly rate will be awful. These take too long to fill up and too long to play for the msot part. Limit SNGs also make it more difficult to play a robotic sort of strategy as most do here in the lower levels as they multitable. If making money is your primary goal, stick to NLHE.

junkmail3
08-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Other games can be easier if you know what you're doing. Because so many people make much bigger mistakes in these games.

However, you won't have too much luck finding a 200+15 Razz SnG running every 2 minutes on party.

So, if you want to improve and move up, then there isn't much of a future in these other games.

I usually play these at the $5 and $10 levels, but not any higher. (I would be one of the fish in these games)

benfranklin
08-02-2005, 01:29 PM
The only other SnGs I have played are O/8s, which are limit at Party. Based on a statistically insignificant sample, I have done better in O/8 than in NLHE (50% ITM), but they take longer, so I'd guess that the ROI per hour is about the same. Again, because of small sample size, I have not attempted to compute or compare ROI.

Given that SnG play is pretty formulaic, and that O/8 play is pretty formulaic, I would say that they are easier but not more profitable. This assumes that you can already win at low level O/8 ring games. The adjustment to short handed is the hardest thing about SnGs for an O/8 player without SnG experience.

Freudian
08-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I play Omaha Hi/Lo from time to time. They are not more profitable but fun to play.

Drizztdj
08-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been toiling breaking-even at the NLHE $22s but make money while playing mostly O8 and some Stud/Razz SnGs, but I can see the hourly rate arguement for those who play multiple SnGs a time.

Thanks again!

Crispy86
08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you can usually autopilot NLHE, because you are dealt holecards, whereas in other where there is no community cards it is much more diffcult to make automatic decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No community cards? What variation of Omaha are you playing??