PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jeff Walker, Texas, War, and Mr. Bush

Zeno
03-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Since my old Jerry Jeff Walker album (remember them) got misplaced or burned, I finally had to purchase a replacement. Yes, Viva Terlingua! (1973) One of Jerry Jeff's best is booming out of the stereo speakers once again. With greats like, Gettin' By, Up Against the Wall Redneck, Backsliders Wine, and London Homesick Blues.

So buckaroos, what's all the hubbub. Waul, a certain line in the Song; London Homesick Blues, ciphers up all you need to know ‘bout Tex-ass and Mr. Bush.

"When a Texan fancies to take his changes,
Chances will be taken, fur sur."

The war is coming boys, so strap on them thur spurs, yur six-gun, and saddle up! Time to hit the trail. YEEEE-HAAAA. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Zeno

Boris
03-12-2003, 01:09 PM
London Homesick Blues is one of my all time favorite songs. I don't think it has anything to with war. It's just about a desperate and lonely guy trying to get back home. I also doubt that the sub-culture and values represented by Jerry Jeff Walker's music have anything what so ever in common with George Bush or his politics.

Zeno
03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Boris,

I was extrapolating. Glad to know there is another Jerry Jeff fan around. By the way, don't take any of my post too seriously; I don't, fur sur, partnur. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Armadillo stew to you, -Zeno

PS you must like Commander Cody too, Right?