PDA

View Full Version : ITM hand, fairly even stacks (Party $11)

Raiser
08-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Opponent has been involved in most pots since we entered ITM phase.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2135)
BB (t2870)
Button (t2995)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, Hero???

What's your action here?

tigerite
08-02-2005, 09:07 AM
If he's been raising a lot, this seems a good spot to shove my stack in his face.

11t
08-02-2005, 09:07 AM
IT depends on what you mean by "getting involved in most pots." If hes been donk-limping then I just fold since his raise indicates strength that he had not shown before and your ace has no kicker and is dominating no hands.

Of course if he has been raising constantly you could pop him back but sucks if BB wakes up to my hand.

Anyways, villain would have to be a complete maniac before I would pop him back. However, with &gt;10xBB (barely) I think folding this is way more +EV than pushing. It all depends on villains range, and the likelihood of him calling your push though.

I would muck here normally but I would push a8s without thinking about it.

Raiser
08-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Hmm, I think this is a leak for me. When I get ITM and see an ace I push almost every time.

schwza
08-02-2005, 10:40 AM
yeah, i'd let this one go. it sucks to be a big dog to 33. also there is some value to surviving to 2nd, even if it's relatively much less important than 3rd.

if villain had opened every pot he could, i'd play here, but now i'm folding a8 and pushing a9. the possibility of the BB waking up keeps me fairly in check.

Maulik
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
you are behind any pocket pair 44 or better, A4+. Also, one more player to act, usually I'd muck this here.

schwza
08-02-2005, 10:59 AM
you should take the time to scroll all the way up the page (gasp!) to reply to who you're actually replying to. it makes the forum much more readable.

BadMongo
08-02-2005, 10:59 AM
First, how likely do you think it is that he will lay his hand down to a reraise? In my experience at the 10+1s, I'd say not very.

So, unless villian is not a typical 10+1 donk, there is a good chance that this will go to showdown. What range of hands do you put this guy on? Lets say he's a maniac and raising a ridiculous amount of hands, say 22+, A2+, K2+, Q2+, J2+. A3o is only 51% to win against this range! Realistically, he's probably being more selctive than this, so it's safe to say you are a dog here.

Most of the value of pushing in a spot like this comes from folding equity, which you don't have much of (given that this is a 10+1). That makes it an easy fold, IMHO.