PDA

View Full Version : Hands from last night #3

bad beetz
03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I thihk I'm actually getting worse, must be my old age.

HAND 1

K9o in BB. Folded to SB (solid player) who raises. I call.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5s, 4s, Jd ]
I check, he bets, I raise, he folds.

HAND 2

QcQs in LMP

MP calls, I raise, BB calls, MP calls

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ts, 8d, 8h ]
check, I bet, BB calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2s ]
check, bet, calls,

** Dealing River ** : [ As ]
check, I check

HAND 3

In BB with Tc3s. MP calls, I check

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 4h, Qh, 3h ]
I bet, he calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ts ]
I bet, he calls

** Dealing River ** : [ 7s ]
I bet, he calls

HAND 4 (I f'ed up this hand so bad it makes me ill)
AhQs in cutoff. EP calls, EP calls, I raise, SB, BB, limpers call.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Qc, As, Th ]
checked to me, I bet, SB check-raises, EP1, EP2 calls, I call

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2d ]
SB bets, EP1 raises, EP2 coldcalls, I coldcall (squirm), SB calls

** Dealing River ** : [ 9s ]
SB checks, EP1 bets, EP2 folds, I call, SB calls

HAND 5
KsQh. UTG + 1. I open raise, MP coldcalls, BB calls.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ah, 6d, 2c ]
I bet, MP calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3c ]
I check, he checks.

** Dealing River ** : [ 5d ]
I bet, he calls

bad beetz
03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
RESULTS

1. Who knows
2. QJo for gutshot
3. KcQc for top pair great kicker how do you think he played on this one?
4. SB = pocket tens for first place, I come in second with top two and award for sh*ttiest plays ever, and EP1 comes in third with A2o for top/bottom.
5. A7o. wtf.

Homer
03-11-2003, 08:34 PM
1 - Seems alright.

2 - Value bet the river, worse hands will call.

3 - I might have check-folded on the flop. If you didn't catch two-pair on the turn, were you planning to check-fold? I might have checked the river to induce a bluff. It would depend on who my opponent was, though. Against some, betting is definitely better.

4 - There's not a one-raise cap ya know! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Seriously though, you know you played this like a weak-tight old man. You have to either three-bet the flop or turn. There's a great chance your hand is good. These people are betting/raising/calling with any pair and a gutshot (AK, AJ, QJ, JT, KQ, etc). Raise your top-two and make them pay to draw.

5 - I screw up hands like these all the time. I can understand your bet on the flop. You raised preflop and have only two opponents. There is a good chance that your bet will take the pot down. When it doesn't, though, you must check the turn with the intention of folding. When your opponent checks behind you on the turn, resist the urge to bet the river. The board has no draws on it. He has a weak made hand and will call with it, be it a small pocket pair, a pair or 6's, or a pair of 2's.

-- Homer

MarkD
03-11-2003, 08:53 PM
1) If you are the BB and call the SB raise preflop how can you check raise him? I think you should have re-raised him preflop.

2) Bet the river for value here, unless your opponent will call with Axo very often preflop. I wouldn't expect him to have a spade draw or an ace in this situation. I wouldn't expect him to have an 8 either since why not checkraise you on the turn if he does?

3) I might check the river here, but betting can't be too far wrong and would be my likely play. Ni han.

4) Reraise the flop. Why call here? If someone caps it you have a lot better information about their respective hands. Without reraising the flop I'd likely play the hand the same as you on the turn and river, but...

4) Should bet the turn, after you check the turn I think you should check the river as well. Does he believe you could possibly have a four?

Ed Miller
03-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Hand 1: This sort of play is often fine headsup, especially against some opponents.

Hand 2: Bet the river.

Hand 3: Fine.

Hand 4: I would have 3-bet the flop. The turn decision is a very delicate one... and I think calling is better than raising. The question is if you should have folded or not...it sure looks like Mister Slowplay has KJ.

Hand 5: I would have checked the river intending to call a bet. That is my default play headsup with nut-nopair if I have no good reason to give my opponent credit for a hand.

bad beetz
03-12-2003, 02:27 PM
In hand 1 I called the obvious steal raise with a marginal holding, planning to checkraise almost any flop. This way I get to represent that I hit top pair on the flop instead of representing two high cards for the same price.

I agree with your comments on 2-4

In hand 5, I don't think betting the turn is worthwhile, I don't think he'll lay down enough. What does he coldcall a raise with that also calls my flop bet? I think my betting the river was a mistake, and I think calling would be a mistake. I bet the flop, and if I don't win it right there I think I'm done.

bad beetz
03-12-2003, 02:33 PM
I have heard bet the turn, check the turn and call a river bet, and check fold.

I'm thinking checking and folding on any street postflop is the right action.

I think the flop bet should be automatic, a preflop raise and flop bet combined with an Ace-nodraw board and two opponents = enough folding for profit. If they don't fold, I can't see any line of action better than checking or folding.

Homer
03-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Betting the turn could have merit if the turn card was a J or T, because then you might be able to get a pair of sixes or something similar to fold. The way this hand played out, though, I think the best course of action is to bet the flop and then put no more money into the pot.

-- Homer

MarkD
03-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Hand 1 - either you miswrote your hand in the first post or poker is played differently where you live. If you are in the Big Blind and your opponent is in the SB (small blind) it is impossible for you to checkraise him. So not sure what you mean.

Hand 5 - 66? 77? 55? 98s? Lots of hands, you have to know your opponent though. there are a LOT of opponents who will call the flop no matter what they have, just to see if you really do have a hand by following up on the turn with a bet, and then they release. This is opponent dependent, but you have to realize these situations exist and are extremely profitable.