PDA

View Full Version : 400$PLO/8 hand - low set

punter11235
08-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Hello !

I think this hand may be interesting.
Preflop : I played this hand because game is very soft, most players have no clue about PLO/8 and almost all at least half-decent hands may be played profitably here
Flop : My plan was to draw to K,Q,J,10,9,3 and then fire on the turn if sth else appears then fold.
Turn : it looks like somebody is building the pot with good low draw and will probably bet small again here, so I will checkraise. Ups somebody bet, but not small I executed my previous plan.

Thoughts ?

Paradise Poker Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $4 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($184.00)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($393.00)</font>
MP ($719.75)
CO ($419.50)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($684.00)</font>
SB ($1780.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $12, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $8, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $13</font>, Button calls $13, BB calls $13, Hero calls $13.

Turn: ($102) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $90</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $368</font>

Best wishes

Wintermute
08-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm sure you realize bottom set is very risky in PLO8... without reliable reads, I'd strongly consider folding on the flop since there's two to a low already.

That turn card is a very nice one--you're only in serious trouble if a higher set is out there, but this could very well be the hand that Button is betting. So on the turn, since this is a situation where you're either drawing nearly dead (set over set) or you're in fine shape EV wise (especially considering fold equity), it's just a matter of your reads on the other players as well as metagame issues (do you prefer to project LAG or tight image, are you stretching your BR thin, etc).

BTW, the majority of PLO8 threads are being posted in the O8 forum these days.

punter11235
08-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the answer. I will post my future PLO/8 hands in Omaha/8 forum.
I post this because I wanted opinions about how often my low set here is good in average PLO400 games full of weak players. I didnt thinking that its very risky but I see that you do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best wishes

BlueBear
08-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Muck it on flop. Playing bottom set in with two low cards on the board is at best, a risky break even gamble, even in a semi-full table. This is compounded by the fact that you're out of position, and have a relative deep stack remaining, and say the board pairs up on the turn (3 J's and 2 4's), the play can be rather tricky and difficult with your under-full-house. (eg. If we bet the turn and get called/raised, how do we play the river?)