PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up

11-24-2001, 12:18 PM
I spent much of the year trying to be as good a person as I could possibly be. I couldn't do it, and it just made me withdrawn and depressed and cost me a lot of money. I'm back to eating chicken and fish fairly regularly (despite the fact that it involves killing sentient beings), and a couple of other things I had qualms about. Guess I'll just have to settle for being a pretty good person. At least I won't have to worry about being raving mad by March.

11-24-2001, 01:22 PM
I've said this before but I think it bears repeating (that's a pun which will soon reveal itself). Everyone has one thing that is their key to a better life. For some people it's a positive active thing in the sense of "if I do this good things will happen."

For others it can be a negative passive thing. "If I don't do this good things will happen."

For you I surmise you have to stop doing a thing and all the monsters and madness will melt away.

The key to M is to not answer your own posts.

Think about it.

And give up betting on College basketball.

11-24-2001, 06:42 PM
Over thirty years ago I watched a student walk up to Raja Rao. He asked, "Dr. Rao, should I become a vegitarian?"

"No. Being a vegitarian would make you an extremely good person, and extremely good people tend to be very, very boring."