fimbulwinter
08-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Posts that contain:

"Please no comments on this street"

"I did this just to mix things up"

"I read him as weak, therefore..."

Moreover, posts that:

Are missing information
(Don't contain stack sizes, previous street's actions, summed pot sizes or C&P bisonbison hackjobs missing bets etc.)

Are based on a misclick

Involve a read not given in the original post

Are made simply for reaffirmation

Come on guys, the purpose of posting here is to learn how to play your hands in the most profitable way possible. You can't make a monsterous mistake preflop and then ask how to play a bloated turn when you must call even though you're likely drawing dead etc.

If we only post hands where the intention throughout the entire hand has been to maximize our earnings, then i think we'll see slightly fewer hands and a lot better discussion of them. Every time I see a post like the above, it makes me want to read nothing but posts from posters i know and forget sifting the rest of the noise. Some may not consider this a loss, but i know other posters feel the same way.

fim

kasey2004
08-02-2005, 03:23 AM
I agree, other than sometimes an accidental misclick raise sometimes happens and once the flop comes can be treated as a blind hand only slightly different.

I have posted one hand like this and it just happens sometimes, interesting decisions still have to be made and can be critiqued.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

swolfe
08-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Things that make me grouchy:
"push and hope"

"see how much he bets and decide" - i.e., not having a plan

check-raising sets - you must hate money

short buy-in play questions - there's almost never any real decision: TP or better? go all-in

dtbog
08-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Thing that makes me the grouchiest:

"If you're going to play this hand at all (suited connectors, low pocket pairs, AQ when QQx flops, etc..) then WHAT KIND OF FLOP WERE YOU LOOKING FOR??"

TheWorstPlayer
08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thing that makes me the grouchiest:

"If you're going to play this hand at all (suited connectors, low pocket pairs, AQ when QQx flops, etc..) then WHAT KIND OF FLOP WERE YOU LOOKING FOR??"

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. I am certainly never making another post on this issue after that thread.

GrunchCan
08-02-2005, 10:41 AM
How do people feel about the basic newbie sorts of posts like the ones that I've been putting up?

TheWorstPlayer
08-02-2005, 10:48 AM
They're good. You think about the game well and ask interesting questions even if they are basic. Basic is good. The fundamentals are very important. And you're not the only one switching from limit to NL so I'm sure they are useful for a lot of people.

-Skeme-
08-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I hate, "Well why'd you call that flop then fold to a blank turn!?!"