PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 NL AQ without position

pofi
08-02-2005, 01:51 AM
I know nothing about villian. I just started session.
Preflop: I am MP1 with Ac, Qd.
3 folds. I raise 12. MP2 calls.Rest of the field fold

Flop(30): 5d, Tc, 2d
I bet 20. MP2 calls

Turn(70): As
I check.MP2 bet 50. I call.

River(170): Ad
I check, MP2 checks.

What can you say about playing AQ in such way? Did I really must bet river about 1/3 pot or something?Any thoughts?

redtrain
08-02-2005, 11:14 AM
you could get a call from a worse ace or pp here, I bet 75

runnerunner
08-02-2005, 11:22 AM
How deep are the stacks? I would definitely bet the river. Bet half the pot.

anduril
08-02-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I bet 20. MP2 calls

I check, MP2 checks.

What can you say about playing AQ in such way? Did I really must bet river about 1/3 pot or something?Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be some type of Ukranian poker. I also bet the turn to charge a flush draw and I don't really care if 77-99 folds. If you were willing to call $50 on the turn, why not bet it?

-Skeme-
08-02-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd bet the turn. If not, bet river for sure.

thabadguy
08-02-2005, 11:24 AM
PF, Flop is fine..turn i dont know. I lead here i think,im torn between leading and check calling..i think i choose leading. River i def lead 100 or a lil more.

Maier
08-02-2005, 11:40 AM
What are the merits of checking this turn??? Do you check it because you want villian to overvalue his PP or T by playing passively and you dont mind him drawing to a possible 2-5 outs if he does have a T or a PP.

I guess you should be torn with a two SF out there so maybe this warrents a bet? If you were in position, would you almost always bet this?

Whats wrong with betting/folding to a raise and 1/2 poitting it both times?

Niwa
08-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Bet turn, bet river.

slickpoppa
08-02-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I bet 20. MP2 calls

I check, MP2 checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so by betting the flop and checking the turn when an ace falls you are representing a hand like JT or a PP and hoping that he semibluffs, bets a T, or bets a weaker A. Against an aggressive opponent this is an okay line. But after he bets you should seriously consider checkraising because with most of the hands he could have, he is probably not going to pay off the river unless he beats you. So I think you are better off checkraising the turn and protecting your hand than waiting until the river to try and get more money. Unless of course he is very agro, but in most 2-4 games I've played my default line assumes a weak passive opponent.

Given the way you played it, I would probably make a suspicious low or high bet on the river, hoping to induce a raise or bad call.

pofi
08-03-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How deep are the stacks? I would definitely bet the river. Bet half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
We both have about 400 when the hand starts

pofi
08-03-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I bet 20. MP2 calls

I check, MP2 checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be some type of Ukranian poker. I also bet the turn to charge a flush draw and I don't really care if 77-99 folds. If you were willing to call $50 on the turn, why not bet it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont want to bet turn because I think that after my turn check villian will tru to steal pot from me.I thought that in such way I will make more when I'm ahead and lost less when I'm behind.

pofi
08-03-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are the merits of checking this turn??? Do you check it because you want villian to overvalue his PP or T by playing passively and you dont mind him drawing to a possible 2-5 outs if he does have a T or a PP.

I guess you should be torn with a two SF out there so maybe this warrents a bet? If you were in position, would you almost always bet this?

Whats wrong with betting/folding to a raise and 1/2 poitting it both times?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt bet the turn because thought that villian will try to steal pot from me w underpair.When I bet he will call or raise with better hands and will fold worse ones.

captZEEbo1
08-03-2005, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you could get a call from a worse ace or pp here, I bet 75

[/ QUOTE ]

A worse ace will bet river....

On river are you planning to chk-call or chk-raise? I assume you are check calling this river for whatever reason. You should just lead out, and a T will pay you off for sure

anduril
08-03-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I bet 20. MP2 calls

I check, MP2 checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont want to bet turn because I think that after my turn check villian will tru to steal pot from me.I thought that in such way I will make more when I'm ahead and lost less when I'm behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're going to let a flush get there for free? One pair in NL isn't great but that doesn't mean it never wins.

"I dont want to bet turn because I think that after my turn check villian will tru to steal pot from me."

makes no sense. You didnt bet the turn, he tried to steal it, you wouldn't let him. You just made a great argument for my side since when he has a flush draw he checks behind for free.

Jocke_F
08-03-2005, 08:36 AM
I can't think of any worse hand that will call a riverbet, so I check call

The Bear
08-03-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were willing to call $50 on the turn, why not bet it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because then villain can get away from a lot of hands that he otherwise might have bet (hands like 77-99, which I do care if he folds). A flush draw will probably value-bet for you on the turn anyway, so that's not much of an issue. And getting raised blows. This is a turn check for me against most opponents.

The Bear

anduril
08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you were willing to call $50 on the turn, why not bet it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because then villain can get away from a lot of hands that he otherwise might have bet (hands like 77-99, which I do care if he folds). A flush draw will probably value-bet for you on the turn anyway, so that's not much of an issue. And getting raised blows. This is a turn check for me against most opponents.

The Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know a single player at this level (except for you) that bets his flush draw on the turn unless he has a pair also.

Ok so he bets his 77-99 and you call. now you have to lead the river (especially this one) or you get no action. In fact the only way you do get action is when he rivers a set and you lose. I prefer to lead the turn and check/call the river.

BTW, yes raising blows, but its also perfect information since there are ZERO players at this level (again, except for you prolly) that raise the turn without at least aces up, but more likely a set.

pofi
08-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok. I now can post results. Villian had 88 and I take the pot.Would he call my river 1/3 pot bet what do you think?

anduril
08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. I now can post results. Villian had 88 and I take the pot.Would he call my river 1/3 pot bet what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if its not a diamond, I say yes. Since it is a diamond there are more hands you'll make that bet with that he loses too. I'm going more and more towards check/calling the turn and leading the river now that I've had my coffee and pineapple and went to the gym.