PDA

View Full Version : bottom pair on A high flop (blind theft)

wrto4556
08-02-2005, 01:27 AM
I am trying to loosen up from the BB because of This Post (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=172292 3&Forum=All_Forums&Words=pairs%2B&Searchpage=0&Lim it=25&Main=1722923&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name= 10605&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=&olderval=& oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1722923) and i've come into some situations that are pretty tough for me. I obviously don't have the postflop skills to play any two cards from the BB but I figure that learning costs money and i wont see many marginal situations like this if I don't play.

10/20 (3 handed)

I get 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif,3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB.
Button folds, SB raises, I call.

flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.T /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (4sb)
SB bets, hero?

what is my line from here on out? I was thinking call/call/call and raise if i have improvement. But i dont think folding is that bad, either.

dave44
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I would usually raise here since your opponent usually has at least 6 outs against you and this board has some scare cards that could induce him to lay down those outs.

08-02-2005, 01:12 PM
I dump that pf everytime but...

I'd raise the flop bet the turn and usually check behind on the river if you make it that far.

If he 3 bets flop, I call like a chump and then fold the turn.

spydog
08-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I would call the flop and raise a brick turn card (non-spade, 8 or lower) if I think he can make a decent fold. Sometimes by calling the flop he will give up on the turn and just check-fold.