PDA

View Full Version : It's the Call-Down game, starring KQo!

Eeegah
08-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Villain is a Loose-Passive/Aggressive, somewhat rare for these limits. He's only just slightly over the Aggro threshhold though, and it's only over 30 hands. I don't have a stronger read on him unfortunately as I had my eye on a massive luckbox who had just left the table, but that's a whooooole other story. He was around 50% to the flop though, so from SB he might have any two here.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

I wanna find a raise in here. Dammit, I wanna find a raise in here! It's a pretty coordinated flop, but I have my overcards and more importantly a double-gutshot despite the 2-flush board. He may have done flopped the straight already, or he may be betting a set, two pair, whatever. Should I raise this flop? I know how much the board hates the whole "bet for info" line

The river gives me a pair, and if he had T8 or something it's now counterfeited. Can you find a raise here?

In summary, I have no idea how I should have played this, but I really think I should have found a raise here somewhere.

Paxosmotic
08-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I'd raise the flop and take a free card, then value bet or raise the river. We've got so many outs we barely know what to do with ourselves here.

hemstock
08-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Raise the flop. You have an OESD and overcards. You can check behind him on the turn. If he bets on the river, I would just call it

shadow29
08-01-2005, 11:56 PM
You have an OESD, not a double gutter. But the difference is semantic.

This line is fine, but I prefer raising the river. The reason I'm not raising the flop is because I'm calling down UI.

Dunno how to explain this that well, sorry.

Eeegah
08-02-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have an OESD, not a double gutter. But the difference is semantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that I forgot that my King plays if I hit a nine /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave G.
08-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Raise the flop, take free card, raise the river when bet into, scoop up pot.

Eeegah
08-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Pretty much what I figured, dunno why I froze up when bet into on the flop, other than the fact that I totally wasn't expecting it.

Villain had 77. I wasn't expecting that either.

hizo1
08-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Grunching

[ QUOTE ]
He may have done flopped the straight already, or he may be betting a set, two pair, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a whatever is just as likely, if not more likely, than a hand that beats you if he's loose-passive/ aggressive

I think I'd raise the river and call a three-bet

hizo1
08-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Btw, this is my first time grunching and I have you, Eegah, to thank for showing me the grunching way.

Eeegah
08-02-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, this is my first time grunching and I have you, Eegah, to thank for showing me the grunching way.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem,

i'm sure you'll be yelling at heroes to raise 83o UTG in no time.

thesharpie
08-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Care to fill us in on calling down UI? Sure he could have a draw but I don't think he's gonna try bluffing it again if we raise the flop, or do you want him bluffing it again? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Raising the flop and checking behind the turn to call a river bet costs less than just calling down if you fear some trickery and must see a showdown..

Delzek15
08-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Raise the flop w/o thinking. Many many outs. Plus you raised PF so that even more gives you a reason to raise. I would probably check behind on the turn however once the second J comes out.