PDA

View Full Version : 6-Max Collusion

IGMorton
08-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Are shorthanded players less suscepable to collusion? Say some jerk has 2 accounts on different sites that are part of the same network. He sits down with both accounts at the same table.

In a six-max game, he has 4 opponents now instead of 5. If he were a winning player, his cheating must offset a 25% reduction in the profits he would have made vs. 5 players. Meanwhile, his same sheity tactics on a full-ring table means he has 8 oponents instead of 9... he only has to overcome a 13% reduction in potential.

Also consider the nature of the pots in short hand vs. full ring. Using 1 player to inflate pots when his other has a monster flush is less likely to matter in SH, where most pots are won with smaller hands. I would also guess that anti-collusion software is more likely to catch this guy at short hand since his two accounts play many more hands together.

Table selection must be more difficult for this guy at shorthand. He has to find a short table with 2 open seats which seems more difficult than a full-ring. much of our profits / losses come from blind steals. It would be tricky to use position vs. weak-tight opponents when you have to seat 2 players.

Other ideas?

climber
08-02-2005, 12:26 AM
stop worrying about stuff like this and jsut play your game.

Sure there is prob soome way to do this but not from the same computer so you'd have to go through a bunch of nonsense and I can't even imagine annoyed i'd be at myself colluding to see that i had capped myself on every street in the middle of the multitabling madness and paid extra rake for no reason.

spend your energy on improving the games arent anywhere near hard enough to spend mental energy on stuff like this.

IGMorton
08-02-2005, 12:37 AM
lol, it's not like i've lost any sleep worrying about this. just a curiosity that popped into me head. i know i have nothing to worry about at my level (thief's don't risk jail to rob a lemonade stand)! anyhoo, don't you find the topic just a tad interesting?

i do need to correct you though... it would be extremely easy to play the 2 accounts from the same computer (i will avoid the details for obvious reasons).

no worries,
ian

climber
08-02-2005, 12:55 AM
have you tired it?

when i accidentally try to sit down at a table I'm already at a window pops up and says "your not allowed to do that."

IGMorton
08-02-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
have you tried it?

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus no. ethics aside, it would be a waste of my time. i'm more interested in becoming a winning player.

[ QUOTE ]
when i accidentally try to sit down at a table I'm already at

[/ QUOTE ]

hrmmm....