PDA

View Full Version : HULA ML Schedule and Rules

witeknite
08-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Okay folks. Here's the rules and the schedule for the regular season.

-Second team listed in a match is the home team.
-The home team's captain gets to pick who plays who.
-All matches should take place at the Prima HU play money tables. (Some Prima skins are TheGamingClub and Royal Vegas)
-Contestants need to buy-in with 30BB.
-A match goes until one person is broke.
-Teams have between Wed. and Tues. to get their matches played.
-It is the captains responsibility to make sure thier team members play.
-If a substitute is needed, the captain of the opposing team gets to pick which team member is substituted.
-No matches count until both participants have paid.
-If it is a captain that has not paid, no matches from that captain's team will count until he has paid.

The games start this Wednesday unless someone has a very good reason for them not to. (The Apocalypse might count) Home team captains, pick your match-ups ASAP and let the oposition's captain know who's playing who. I want everyone to have the full week to get their matches in. If anyone has any questions post them here, PM me or climber, or you can reach me on AIM at WiteKnite44.

Week One
stealthcow-----ihardlyknowher
TMFS9-----baronzeus
goofball-----dave44
WiteKnite-----raisins
climber-----bds

Week Two
stealthcow-----bds
ihardlyknowher-----TMFS9
baronzeus-----goofball
WiteKnite-----climber
dave44-----raisins

Week Three
baronzeus-----climber
TMFS9-----WiteKnite
raisins-----stealthcow
bds-----dave44
ihardlyknowher-----goofball

Week Four
dave44-----WiteKnite
goofball-----stealthcow
climber-----ihardlyknowher
bds-----baronzeus
raisins-----TMFS9

Week Five
ihardlyknowher-----dave44
stealthcow-----baronzeus
goofball-----TMFS9
bds-----WiteKnite
climber-----raisins

Week Six
WiteKnite-----goofball
TMFS9-----stealthcow
baronzeus-----ihardlyknowher
raisins-----bds
dave44-----climber

P.S. The following have either not sent the money, or have not sent Climber confirmation of the transfer.

Stealthcow - captain
rake_in
Perseus
JohnnyHumongous
MicroBob
PartygirlUK
Baronzeus - captain

P.P.S. I got this bit of info from Climber. It will certainly make life easier.

[ QUOTE ]
I spoke with a Gaming Club representative today and he told me he
will try to get some tech people on top of opening up a couple more
play money HU limit tables. Players can access the tables by clicking
"Hold'em" followed by "1on1" and going to the play money stakes on the
3rd or 4th page.

[/ QUOTE ]

raisins
08-01-2005, 11:58 PM
It's one thing if some people haven't played but they are interested in the league and intend to pay, however, one of my team members, JohnnyHumongous, has not responded to any PMs or even read them. I'd like to give him a little more time, like a day or so, but if the league is starting Wednesday then I would like to pick someone now to replace him. Naturally, I think all the captains if they have someone who has not responded to any messages should be able to pick a replacement. Since the league is starting in 25 hours I would like to go ahead and grab a replacement now so I have the chance to find out if that person is interested and they have the chance to get you the money.

Am I the only captain who has a pick that hasn't been on the forum since the draft?

regards,

raisins

baronzeus
08-01-2005, 11:59 PM
My problem is that I simply don't have money in stars.

witeknite
08-02-2005, 12:02 AM
This is a valid concern. Captains, if you have not heard from a member of your team yet, please let me know ASAP.

WiteKnite

imported_stealthcow
08-02-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My problem is that I simply don't have money in stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

i made a withdrawal from eurobet and should have the money in by tomorrow. sorry for the delay. you know you're really bad and quite tardy when drGutshot gets it done before you do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stealthcow-

witeknite
08-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Do you not have a Stars account? If not, bds has offered to help those that have no money on Stars do a swap using another site. If you do have a Stars account, whats the problem? You have known that the entry fee would be $50 on Stars for several days now. Party withdrawls only take a couple of hours. Stars deposits are instant. Do what needs to be done.

WiteKnite

witeknite
08-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Cool. All you team members are accounted for, right?

WiteKnite

baronzeus
08-02-2005, 12:11 AM
What's with the tough guy attitude? I'll take care of it. Nothing you should worry about.

josh1122
08-02-2005, 02:15 AM
I wasn't drafted, I'll volunteer to be a replacement.

witeknite
08-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Bump.

bds
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
All my team members are accounted for. However, Perseus did tell me he was out of the country until Friday but would be checking email and private messages while away. I see he is on the list of people who haven't paid, and I've sent him another private message. If I don't hear from him, I'll pay for him and straighten it out when he returns, because he has expressed strong interest in playing. So, I think all is well...

ihardlyknowher
08-02-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a valid concern. Captains, if you have not heard from a member of your team yet, please let me know ASAP.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

I may need a replacement for partygirluk. I have heard from her only once and sent her instructions on how to pay several days ago. I will keep you updated.

dave44
08-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Are we not doing any kind of blind doubling then?

climber
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
we will do the same as the regular HULA guys--blinds double after an hour--to do this players will just resit at another table with half their current stack sizes at the one hour point.

witeknite
08-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Actually I don't believe we will be doing that. This was a rule left over from last year where they had a site actually help coordinate the event with special tables set up. Unless is it different for the play money tables, you cannot get up from a table on Prima and sit back down with anything less than what you got up with.

Also, we are moving to the general forum either today or tomorrow. Look for the HULA ML Week 1 thread there.

Lastly, to the home team captains. Have you made your match-ups and informed the other teams?

WiteKnite

ihardlyknowher
08-02-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, to the home team captains. Have you made your match-ups and informed the other teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to this depends on whether or not I have to make a replacement.

bds
08-02-2005, 03:45 PM
I have assigned the matches, notified my players via email and notified the opposing team captain. I have not yet heard back from anyone with any more details.

Why are we moving this discussion to the general forum? It's ok with me - just doesn't seem like it belongs there.

witeknite
08-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, I would give partygirluk until tomorrow before making a definite switch. In the mean time though, I would try to line up a replacement. Raisins has also had to switch a team member.

WiteKnite

witeknite
08-02-2005, 04:05 PM
That's all you need to do at this point. As to the move, it is because some feel that the HULA threads are cluttering up the HUSH forum.

WiteKnite

climber
08-02-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I don't believe we will be doing that. This was a rule left over from last year where they had a site actually help coordinate the event with special tables set up. Unless is it different for the play money tables, you cannot get up from a table on Prima and sit back down with anything less than what you got up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can just sit at another open table--if you read the HULA 3 Week 1 thread there is some talk about doing this cause the match was taking forever in one or two cases. Whatever either way.

witeknite
08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
This has to be stated yes or no, now. It does sound like a good idea if it is feasible. Moving to a different table would solve the problem of sitting back down with half the chips. I say we do it. After one hour, both players will move to another table and sit down with half the chips that they had when getting up.

WiteKnite

climber
08-02-2005, 09:19 PM
looks like only 6 people are left to pay

come on guys you can do it:
rake_in
JohnnyHumongous
MicroBob
PartygirlUK
Baronzeus

plus one more person maybe?
lets get your payments in so our season can start tomorrow and you can have some flexibility in scheduling your matches.

raisins
08-02-2005, 10:30 PM
To Whomever May Care:

My second round draft pick, JohnnyHumongous, has not been around since before the draft. PMs have gone unresponded to and unread. I assume he is vacationing or somehow unavailable. Since the league is starting tomorrow he has been replaced with wonkadaddy.

My team:
Renaud Desferet
TeeJayORTj
Argus
wonkadaddy

and, yours truly,

raisins

witeknite
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
So I spoke with DrG. and he got on to rake_in about the $50. He should be paid up tomorrow. JohnnyHumongous is out since his last post was the 26th. He must be Internet-less. As his replacement, Wonkadaddy will still need to pay if he hasn't already. I'm e-stalking MicroBob trying to get a response since he's on-line right now. PartygirlUK is most likely not going to play. I sent a PM and got a read receipt, but no actual aknowledgment. I told ihardlyknowher to prepare a replacement. That's about all I can do.

WiteKnite

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 05:32 AM
i haven't really read any of the threads and didn't know i had been drafted.

my 'coach' or 'captain' or whatever it is just contacted me....and i have sent the payment.
looking forward to it...however it is this stuff works.

will be reading a couple other threads to try to figure it out.

anyway - i guess i'm one of the rare few. seems that most others who had expressed any kind of interest had kept up on it....but I had no idea that I was in this until I got a couple of pm's a few hours ago.
(just letting everyone know that I wasn't blowing anyone off...I just wasn't aware that a new league had started and that I was on a team)

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 05:56 AM
is there some kind of pay-out for the champions or something?

does HULA ML stand for 'minor-league'?
this is a 'new' league right? for all the left-over dudes that weren't in the 'regular' league or something?

The threads on all the HULA stuff are insanely long and I am trying to figure this stuff out.
Help.

BTW - I'm flattered that someone grabbed me up....I hope my HU play doesn't suck TOO badly....and our team rocks and will kick everyone's asses (trash-talk is mandatory, right?)

witeknite
08-03-2005, 07:25 AM
The payout is the same as for HULA. 50% to 1st place team, 30% to second, 20% to third. The captains get a 10% rake from their team members.

Yes, we're the left overs.

WiteKnite

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 10:57 AM
okay.

so we just arrange a time with our opponent (i've been in touch with my opponent already) and hope to grab one of the 2 play-money limit tables at prima.

(note - salt of the earth and total recall are the only two heads-up limit play-money tables i see over on bet-holdem which I believe were the one's mentioned in another thread about this)

with all of the various matches going on does that make it a pain to try to grab a table?

has it been considered to just use $1.20 real money and play on the .02/.04 real money heads-up tables on stars as an alternative?

i'm brand new at all this so maybe it's a dumb idea....just curious.\ and learning.

bds
08-03-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
okay.

so we just arrange a time with our opponent (i've been in touch with my opponent already) and hope to grab one of the 2 play-money limit tables at prima.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that they add more play money tables as each one fills up. I guess I'd like to know if my assumption is correct?

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
not sure. but now i have a different issue in that I was messing around on a play-money table to get used to the software and I blew the whole stack in NL.
Now I can't figure out how to purchase any more play-money chips.

bds
08-03-2005, 11:52 AM
LOL. I'm pretty sure you can just download another Prima skin. There are a ton of them. 7 Sultans and Royal Vegas are two that come quickly to my mind.

witeknite
08-03-2005, 12:16 PM
That's comedy.

According to Royal Vegas' website, you get 2000 play money chips per day. You should have some more soon. And this time, don't push without the nuts.

WiteKnite

wonkadaddy
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure. but now i have a different issue in that I was messing around on a play-money table to get used to the software and I blew the whole stack in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif you'll just have to spam in the high limit play money rooms until someone transfers you a couple of play money bucks.

baronzeus
08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob = <*(((><

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 08:28 PM
i thought they just gave you more when you busted out.

guess i'm waiting another day.
sorry frankthetank...my ill-advised all-in call with J6o has left me unable to play our match until tomorrow.
hopefully they will replenish my play-money supply then.

btw - this is my first time around prima and i'm less than thrilled with the site.

JohnnyHumongous
08-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry guys, I've been away and without the time to visit the forums. Best of luck with the league.

Filip
08-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Ack what a sad day that i wasnt home so i could join HULA /images/graemlins/frown.gif:(

If someone needs a sub i am game.