PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to review a hh?

Bonafone
08-01-2005, 10:54 PM
This month I am going to spend a lot of my freetime reviewing my own play along with some other players hand histories.

I was just curious to what specifically do you comment on when looking at another players hh.

I'm pretty incompetant with the search feature, so if there is a good thread previously discussing this, please just point me in the right direction. Thanks

lorinda
08-01-2005, 11:08 PM
When I read one of my own histories, I assume I played the hand incorrectly and try to find out why.
If I can't find out why, I assume I played it correctly.

Lori

Bonafone
08-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I really like that idea. Any other tricks out there guys?

08-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Where do you get your hand histories? I'm new to sng's and what I've been doing is, anytime there's a situation I'm not sure I'm analyzing correctly, I email myself a HH. Then, when I have some time, I go over some of them and try to work them out for sure. That, and bug my brother to tell me what he would do, and sometimes consult ICM. Hope this helps.

jgunnip
08-02-2005, 02:38 AM
Use bisonbison's hand converter (a to it can be found in the FAQ).

While I'm reviewing I look at three things.
1)hand selection. I like to review each hand I played see if I could have played it better. I also like to look for hands that I should have played but didn't.
2)Bubble play. I copy any hands that I think might have been folds (which I played) and hands that might have been pushes (which I folded) to a separate notepad doc and then later go through them all and run the numbers on them.
3)Bust out hands. I also copy all these hands to a separate doc and go through them at the same time. You'd be surprised how many trends you find when you're looking at all these hands one after another.

Isura
08-02-2005, 03:09 AM
I usually just skim the first few levels, and look at any interesting postflop hands. Later on (level 4 and later), I go through each hand to see if I'm missing any opportunities to push/call pushes and generally any other interesting hands.

When I'm reviewing my game, I cut and paste the hands that I played badly into a separate "leaks" document. I usually add a small comment after the hand, and keep adding and removing hands from this file, and refer to it daily to remind myself of the bad plays I need to learn from.