PDA

View Full Version : give me some ideas....

hansdebelge
08-01-2005, 10:22 PM
anybody got any good phrases to ask when youre trying to draw tells from someone? something to make them defensive or rattle them? words or conversations topics?...

MikeNaked
08-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Tell them to fold to your NUT hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=psych&Number=2705336&f part=&PHPSESSID=)

spaminator101
08-02-2005, 12:30 PM
ask them how deep they are
if its heads up and they move in then them i like to flip my cards over and see theyre reaction

08-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Check out televised table action of Daniel Negranu or Phil Laak for some awesome questions/antics to bust out on your opponents.

I really like this move Daniel Negranu pulled on David Williams:

When your opponent calls his play stand up and grab your chips like your pushing them all in...kind of a pump fake....see what their physical body reaction is to your motion.

Mr. Curious
08-02-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anybody got any good phrases to ask when youre trying to draw tells from someone? something to make them defensive or rattle them? words or conversations topics?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask them if they want you to call. Unless they are very good at controlling themselves, they will tell you the opposite of what they want.

diebitter
08-03-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out televised table action of Daniel Negranu or Phil Laak for some awesome questions/antics to bust out on your opponents.

I really like this move Daniel Negranu pulled on David Williams:

When your opponent calls his play stand up and grab your chips like your pushing them all in...kind of a pump fake....see what their physical body reaction is to your motion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read about a case where the author tried this in 'Poker Nation'. The guy he did it to just sat immobile, and then said something angry about sophomore tricks, along with a personal insult.

The author read that as weak, and saw him down - and won. Dunno if there's much to rely on there myself, though.

TaoTe
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Cannon fodder. Ack, snuggle bunny. You shouldn't use ploys to get tells. Ok, whatever. I usually say something completely out of left field or out of the stadium. Whatever. Eskimos are smug, is a really good one.