PDA

View Full Version : Good deodorant

08-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I use the Gillette Anti Perspirant gel, but it works dubiously. I sit around playing poker and my shirt will be soaked with sweat while my feet are freezing.

I've heard good things about Old Spice High Endurance. Any recommendations from heavy sweaters?

ViolentGandhi

2+2 wannabe
08-01-2005, 10:02 PM
mitchum's is about as good as you can get in the store

drysol is an over-the-counter medication that you can use to dry up - you put it on before you go to bed and leave it on overnight. it works really well (if you can handle the mild stinging at the beginning)

08-01-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you can handle the mild stinging at the beginning

[/ QUOTE ]

mild stinging? What does it have - bleach?

siccjay
08-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I used Degree, it works great. Arrid X-tra Dry works too.

2+2 wannabe
08-01-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you can handle the mild stinging at the beginning

[/ QUOTE ]

mild stinging? What does it have - bleach?

[/ QUOTE ]

alcohol (http://www.rateitall.com/i-27898-drysol.aspx)

Edge34
08-01-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use the Gillette Anti Perspirant gel, but it works dubiously. I sit around playing poker and my shirt will be soaked with sweat while my feet are freezing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't be the only person who thinks that sweating profusely while sitting on your ass is probably a problem...

Brain
08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I like Right Guard antiperspirant clear gel. That's really the only thing I can remember using so take that for what it's worth.

Make sure you know if you want a deodorant or antiperspirant. They are two different products.

08-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Man, some of the reviews are scary. People waking up in the middle of the night crying from pain. I'll try something else before resorting to this.

dtbog
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Old Spice

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim
08-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Mitchum

mistrpug
08-01-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

drysol is an over-the-counter medication that you can use to dry up - you put it on before you go to bed and leave it on overnight. it works really well (if you can handle the mild stinging at the beginning)

[/ QUOTE ]

This dude knows his deodorant.

mistrpug
08-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Your avatar looks like he's smelling his pits and is very upset at what he smells.

08-01-2005, 10:45 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

astarck
08-01-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit I'm a drysol user. This stuff WORKS! There is some very mild stinging but nothing someone shouldn't be able to easily tolerate. I find my worst problem is waking up in the middle of the night scratching my armpits because it almost itches.

If you are having trouble controlling sweat, I'd at least give drysol a shot. IMHO the mild stinging/itching is worth it to stop sweat.

astarck
08-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Also, you only put drysol on once every or twice a week at first until you reach the desired "drying". Then you put it on once a week to once every other week to "maintain".

So it's not like the stinging is felt every night.

moondogg
08-01-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sit around playing poker and my shirt will be soaked with sweat while my feet are freezing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a deodorant issue, this is malaria.

Sponger15SB
08-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Ladies dig old spice. I swear.

08-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Your avatar seems to be the missing image from imageshack. Is that what you want it to be? I dont particularly like that yellow frog. Yellow reminds me of my pits when wearing a white t shirt.

08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
You should seriously consider showering yourself.

08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Twice a day, still doesnt stop it.

RacersEdge
08-02-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I've heard good things about Old Spice High Endurance. Any recommendations from heavy sweaters?

ViolentGandhi

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this only happen when you bluff?

Seriously, maybe a doctor would be a good option.

Unoriginalname
08-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Ultra Dry Degree Anti-perspirant & Deodarant is the only way to go. Been using it for years. Seriously, you won't smell...ever. And for god's sake, it won't sting your armpits or make you itch.

nothumb
08-02-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ladies dig old spice. I swear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine hated it, I had to switch. I wear Brut now, I could care less what I wear though.

I sweat pretty easily but I don't wear antiperspirant. The stuff screws with your glands. I'm good at keeping cool despite not having an air conditioner. If you can't click a mouse without breaking a sweat you have WAY bigger problems than B.O. I suggest going outside (and the Drive Thru doesn't count).

NT

NorCalJosh
08-02-2005, 01:45 AM
old spice high endurance should be enough for anyone. works well, smells good. girls in general do like it.

08-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Most people think I'm fat based on what I type. I am quite thin (healthy is another issue). So Im not the fat slob who sits at the computer and sweats while eating Doritos. I swim once a week and walk everyday, so I get exercise. The only problem I have is unfortunately the sweating.
The ladies love me tho. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2005, 02:11 AM
I have never found a grocery store brand that truly works, let alone smells good. I started trying the expensive stuff found in Sephora... Issey Miyake, Comes de Garcon, Paul Smith, Hugo Boss etc.. but the only one that truly stopped sweat and any odor 100% in it's tracks is Aramis Lab Series for Men. $14/stick, each stick last around 3 months.

I've spent years looking... sad I just found it 10 months ago eh?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif - I am always the first one to break out into a sweat, its the Irish in me I guess.

08-02-2005, 02:31 AM
$14 A STICK??????

touchfaith
08-02-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds more like you have reached menopause.

Are you also suffering from irregular bleeding and/or vaginal thinness?

You may wish to look into hormone replacement therapy instead of deodorant.

Ponks
08-02-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you only put drysol on once every or twice a week at first until you reach the desired "drying". Then you put it on once a week to once every other week to "maintain".

So it's not like the stinging is felt every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit I also have this problem. 6'1, 160 pds, and I shower twice a day also and I haven't found many sticks of deoderant to work, so I'll give this a shot. Do you also wear regular deoderant in the morning still, seems 2 weeks without putting anything new on your armpit wouldnt work that well.

Ponks

tinga81
08-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Some of you may have cases of Hyperhidrossis. You may want to use google and plug in your symptoms with that term. Regardless of the weather, body type, or activity, uncontrollable sweating happens to a lot of people. Although I haven't been 'labeled' for it, I'm pretty sure I have it. What has worked, other than surgery ($2000, AFTER insurance steps in), is a product called Odaban (http://www.odaban.com), which sounds similar to the drysol products that some of you have mentioned before (I hadn't heard of that one even, and I have tried a lot of different deodorants). You can even go back to using regular deodorant while using this, and you shouldn't sweat from it (the d-o will actually do the job).

If anyone wants the surgery information, let me know, I can dig up some URLs for you. I considered it, still may do it one day.

MrTrik
08-02-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used Degree, it works great. Arrid X-tra Dry works too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use Arrid. It was good. I switched to Degree at some point and it seems to work great.